Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The buttons on my 63 plate Mokka key fob have disintegrated, I purchased a new fob case, I have swapped the circuit board and key over to the new case.
The fob will unlock and lock the car fine, when I put the key in the ignition the lights come on but the engine will not start!
I have tried the Radio remote control sync procedure (page 21) owners manual,
I unlock the door with the key in the drivers door, when I open the door the alarm sounds, with the alarm sounding I get in the car shut the door and put the key in the ignition, alarm still sounding and car will not start. The alarm switches off when I take the key out of the ignition and press a button on the fob.
Anyone out there got a solution to get the key working to start the car.
TIA

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did you remove everything from the old case .it seems like the transponder is not working a needs reprogramming.do you have a spare

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, yes I do have a spare which works fine. As far s as I’m aware I removed everything, there was only the green circuit board, battery and key. As far as the transponder goes, is it part of the circuit board? as I’m sure there where no other bits in there! I was careful to note all the bits that came out of the damaged fob

·
Super Moderator
9,596 Posts
The transponder is encased in the key's plastic body.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The rfi chip seems to be separate from the circuit board. Opposite side from the key blade mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts