Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having the same problem as me my mokka 1.6 diesel seems to have kangaroo diesel when changing from third to fourth at 30 mph its intermitting so the dealership is having problems trying to fix it any ideas folks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same engine as you and would normally keep it in 3rd gear at 30 mph and would change to 4th gear at about 35/40 mph. This may be where your problem is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same as bro112 just use 3rd around town using 4th you just keep changing down anway. No issues with MPG either 46 around town tank to tank fill up. I'm happy with that

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had my 1.7 CDTi 4x4 for nearly two years and I read on here that it needs to be driven accordingly. I can drive it at 30mph in 4th quite easily around town but try 5th and it doesn't like it, I am generally getting around 48-50mpg. I tend to save 5th and 6th for out of town country roads and motorways. I have managed 70mpg on long journeys.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i find the best way is to use the revs more instead of trying to chug it around, the 1.6d likes to be used,
iv found that not using 6th or rarely 5th gear, i can actually get better mpg on my 13.5mile commute to work every day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts