Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just ordered my new Mokka on Fri 16th Nov.
I was originally looking at the Exclusiv, but took a test drive in the SE and was very impressed with the room and performance, so I settled for the 2WD 1.7 CDTi SE in MIsty Lake.
Managed to get one of the final two left in Vauxhall stock, so delivery is in about 2 weeks, instead of 3 months for factory order.
Also took advantage of the £500 free fuel offer over the weekend, and combined with a saving of £2171 through the partners scheme, I paid £20,229.
So very pleased with that deal, and obviously can't wait to get the car.

Anyway best regards to all.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah the SE is very nice and the interior colours are a bit more normal - if normal is your thing.Well done with your great savings, these partners/associates schemes are great if you're one of the qualifying companies. Now begins a the long wait, though not that long a wait as some.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats Seamaster on your purchase.
I did have a very good look at the Exclusive but I've ordered the SE in Misty Lake. As mine will be a 4x4 with all the toys,I have that long wait for it to come out of the factory.

Not a Problem though as am waiting for a 13 reg private plate to come up for sale to go on a March delivery.

Well done on your incredable savings. I take it you have got the standard SE without any additional options as its coming from stock???

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome seamaster, sounds like you've made a good purchase with the added benefit of having your new car before christmas too. Like hads, i've ordered the 4x4 version (we get plenty of ice n snow in the valleys so thought this was the best option for me) so i've got to wait until the new year; tho my delivery date's already changed three times

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reply to hads

Yes I have got the standard SE without any additional options, mainly because of the short delivery.
I have just heard that it is due to be delivered to the garage on Thursday. Probably be able to pick it up early next week.

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Best regards seamaster

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site!Congrats on your order, great deal you've got there. Can't believe you'll be picking it up next week

Make sure you get some pictures up

·
Registered
339 Posts
As Dan said, can you get some pics up cos i've ordered the misty lake colour option too; it would be nice to see the Mokka in this colour finally, thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reply to DietCokeBloke

As far as I am aware the car is a UK model (It is coming from UK Vauxhall) and hence I assume all parts are adapted for the UK.

Best regards seamaster

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered our 1.6se last weekend, and seen it today in a lovely blue, looking forward to collection on Saturday. We only just got in on time as the people who came in just after us were told that earliest delivery for them would be March!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes there are a few who have been assigned to dealer stock, so I'm hoping to see some on the roads round here in the next few weeks

·
Registered
506 Posts
seamaster said:
As far as I am aware the car is a UK model (It is coming from UK Vauxhall) and hence I assume all parts are adapted for the UK.
It may be a UK model, but bear in mind it is built in a General Motors factory in Korea and shipped over. I very much doubt that Vauxhall UK have anything to so with the car except arrange delivery to dealers

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
ryancam said:
What are all the extras available on the SE??? i thought it was quite well spec'd as it was

Ryancam
If you mean what extras you can add to the SE then as follows: space saver tyre, flex fix bike carrier (can't have the space saver), adaptive lights with front camera to automatically read signs, navi system, rear reversing camera (requires navi system). You can also have the cocoa interior on certain colours.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ordered a 1.7 diesel 4x4 a week ago. Having seen a post about the new uk spec on steering and suspension, I decided to email my local dealer.
I have just received the following as a response:
Have spoken to Vauxhall Support team today and have been told that every new Mokka UK customer order, and standard production orders will have new bushes and software update for UK roads.
This was confirmation that my order will be the updated version.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK boys, picked the car up yesterday at 4.00pm, and have only driven it for about 1/2 hour.
As mentioned previously its a standard spec SE, 1.7 CDTi FWD. I am not a car review expert and I have never had a diesel engine before so I can only compare it with my previous car, a 2008 1.6 petrol Meriva Breeze. The ride is much smoother than the Meriva, better than I had anticipated bearing in mind the many negative reviews. Also the engine is fairly quiet across the range, about the same as the Meriva, perhaps a little more noisy on tick over, it is a diesel after all. I found both the cabin noise and steering to be better than the Meriva. These are just a few quick observations, but overall I am most pleasantly surprised by how good it is, bearing in mind the many negative press reviews. That said I note that Top Gear has revised their original review from 3 out of 10
(review dated 10.01.2012) to 5 out of 10 (review dated 29.11.2012) after driving a production car.
I have not had a chance to take any pictures yet, but here is a stock picture of the car.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks Seamaster, reassuring to hear you opinion. I test drove a 1.7 CDTi FWD Exclusive 2 weeks ago and can only assume that the spec was pre-update. Not that I noticed, as the ride was excellent esp. Over a series of speed bumps. The noise wasn't an issue either so I can only assume that the Critics still haven't found their perfect car. Of course they never will as they will be out of a job if everything was acceptable to them. It's all subjective guys, like Films and Music, watch and listen first then read the reviews and see how little these smartar5es know. Rant over! Glad you like your Mokka.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts