Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yes, believe it... i claim FIRST! Just went to Mirkitts in Cambridge to see about moving my deal from Marshalls of Ely to find that 2 had just been delivered 5mins earlier. Caroline (the immensly fit) sales rep asked if i wanted to go out in the Blue SE so i obviously said yes. Didn't even bother taking the protective plastic off. GET IN!!!!!

Drives like a dream, smooth as a dolphin in velvet pants. Is the engine too loud? Is it balls, not even at 85mph up the A14. Loads and loads of buttons for the spangly gadget freaks amongst us. Plenty of room in seat, feet and ceiling clearance (i have a mowhawk so this is a good thing).

Big mirrors and good visibility out the back window. Only gripe is the blindspot is a bit tight for viewing when merging onto a motorway, apart from that i'm going with it'sAWESOMEBALLS!!!!

Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Glad you liked it LS, loving the mohawk.
Which engine did you drive? How's the cornering and did you try the back seats or have a look in the boot? How blue is the inside trim to the black is it just on the console or is it on the seats as well? I wonder how well it will go with the red outside. Anything you didn't like? Tell us more!

What I don't get is that if they're closing their doors tomorrow how come they have had a demonstrator arrive today....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My order is with Marshalls in Ely (who are closing), these were delivered to Mirkitts in Cambridge. Cornering was nice, can't think of any problems. I did want to try the back seat as the rep was fit as f**k but i'm married so decided against it
. Engine was the 1.6 petrol (same as i'm having in my Tech Line) in the SE model... no issues at all as far as i'm concerned. Didn't notice too much about the trim as i was like a kid on christmas morning. And everything was covered in plastic.... these had literally dropped off the trailer 5mins before i got there... hadn't gone in the workshop or nothing. The rep even had to put fuel in it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Many thanks for the quick report. I hope the diesel is as good.
The blue is growing on me now lol
Anyone else know if any garages have demos in

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lovestallion you lucky devil. Loving your first impressions of the Mokka, only hope the diesel's just as good to drive. Nice pics too.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Glad that plastic was on for your first time - safety first!

Sorry I should have read your first post more carefully, I was so excited by the pics.
It's nice to see you think the 1.6 is a good engine (mind you you are coming from the Ka), the first drive reviews have been of the 1.4T and the 1.7D. The only reports I've seen for the 1.6 were based on the prototype Mokka a lot earlier this year and they seemed to think the 1.4T had the edge so I'm glad it seems to be the bees knees in your eyes. Really want to try the diesel and see how fun it is now.

Happy and jealous!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DietCokeBloke said:
How blue is the inside trim to the black is it just on the console or is it on the seats as well?[/ QUOTE]

Now i've calmed down a bit.... there didn't seem to be any blue on the inside. The seats were black & grey leather, the door panels and dash were dark grey.

The handbrake was a bit weird as the release button is on the top and not at the front edge (i'm coming from an old car so have no idea if this is the norm on new cars).

I did have an issue with seeing the dials, especially the speedo, but everything was covered in protective plastic and as it wasn't my car i obviously hadn't spent time tinkering with the seat and steering wheel to get the perfect fit so i can't give that part a proper review.

Loads of nooks for storage.... double can holder and a rectangular well fitted with a roller door inbetween the front seats, under and over glove box, and if memory serves 2 levels of in door storage on the drivers side.

I think that's it. With the excitment of driving the car i'm surprised i remembered that lot.

Oh, the 1.6 engine might be a bit sh*te in the eyes of a professional reviewer who are there to pick faults but for me it had no issues.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Wow! How jealous am I!
That blue does look great, mmmdecisions,decisions....

I'm pleased you like the engine and the noise levels seem ok. Damn reviews puts little doubts inyourmind don't they?

Next time you go back could you include the sales rep in your pics? I'm interested in seeing how tall it looks with someone stood beside it

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not has a test drive, but local dealer has a blue Mokka in the showroom so I've spent a little time with it. I saw no blue in the interior. While not a fan of leather seats, these look quite good and with plenty of adjustment, so in my case SWMBO can get comfortable (she has some disabilities which makes this important).

Relating to engine noise, I've not seen any reviews that criticise the petrol versions, it's the diesel that's getting the bad press. So I shall be trying the 1.4 petrol turbo and the 1.7 diesel.

The dealer I went to was most unimpressed at the idea of a test drive before the official launch, says it's s definite No-No and dealer would be severely chastised if Vauxhall found out - probably hung, drawn and quartered

Off to a second dealer this afternoon to see what they've got. I'd like to see a white Mokka as that's my colour of choice at the moment.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well jeal lol, and the blue is looking good, hoping Derby or Burton are getting them soon, so want to go and play :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Evans Halshaw newcastle have 2 mokka's in.
1 blue in showroom and a silver 4x4 on forecourt if
Anyone lives nearby and wanted to view.
Not liking the blue now I've seen it in the flesh.

·
Registered
506 Posts
wingy999 said:
Not liking the blue now I've seen it in the flesh.
I agree, but colour is very subjective. I always swore I'd never buy a black car, but ended up with a SEAT Freetrack in just that colour. Maybe the blue reminds me too much of my Qashqai, one car I was very pleased to be rid of. Haven't had a white car before so no bad memories

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just viewed silver mokka at Newcastle. Lovely size car but the interior
Colors were absolutely hideous.
Brown fascia and steering wheel
Blue dashboard. Really not my cup of tea
I've ordered se model and I'm going to check
My order make sure it's not these colors.
Great looking car and lovely driving position tho.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I didn't think the blue (or some are calling grey) dashboard was available with the brown insides.

Edit.....
According to the brochure.....

On the S/Exclusiv / TechLine - Standard on Royal Blue & Boracay Blue.
Line Drive seat inserts in Jet Black; Atlantis bolsters in Jet Black. Black dashboard.

On Exclusiv / TechLine - that aren't the Royal Blue & Boracay Blue.
Line Drive seat inserts in Dark Adriatic; Atlantis bolsters in Dark Adriatic/Cocoa. Blue dashboard and looks like a different colour wheel to the black trim, could be brown. - Weird that you can't have the blue dashboard in the blue cars!

On the SE
Leather seat inserts in Dark Galvanised; Morrocana bolsters in Dark Galvanised/
Jet Black. Grey dashboard.

or at no extra coston models with Summit White, Carbon Flash, Satin Steel Grey, Deep Espresso or Snowflake White exterior colours only.

Leather seat inserts in Saddle Up; Morrocana bolsters in Saddle Up/Cocoa.Brown dashboard and possibly brown wheel.

<div ="page" title="Page 37">
<div ="layoutArea">
<div ="column">

Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Dan said:
Wow! How jealous am I!
That blue does look great, mmmdecisions,decisions....

I'm pleased you like the engine and the noise levels seem ok. Damn reviews puts little doubts inyourmind don't they?

Next time you go back could you include the sales rep in your pics? I'm interested in seeing how tall it looks with someone stood beside it

I nearly got into trouble with that kind of behaviour trying to get a fit sales rep into the same shot as a Tigra I was looking at.

Roll on next Sat and the long drive to have a short drive in a Mokka hopefully. Maybe it'll make my choice a lot simpler.

Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I finally got to drive a mokka today.
No diesels available so I test drive a 1.4 turbo
4x4 exclusiv in silver.
In the showroom was a 1.6 se in borracay blue.
First chance to see leather interior. I must say the seats
Are fantastic as is the car. The black dashboard looks
The business.

The test drive was done in the exclusiv and the dealer
Agreed that the color scheme left a lot to be desired.
Personal choice I know but I hate the blue/brown interior.
However the car was lovely to drive. Very very quiet, and
The gearbox was very smooth and easy to engage. Ride was firm but not
Overly firm and I really liked it. Better than I had expected.
Driving position not as high as I thought it would be but it was still very
Comfortable and all dials easy to read.
Steering in my opinion was perfectly weighted being particularly
Easy to steer on parking manoeuvres.
Let's hope the diesel is smoother and quieter than some journalists comment on.

Me I loved it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

Just to let you all know, all dealers have been allocated the same colours and models. SE in blue, Exclusive in silver, so no point in driving round the country trying to see different colour!

I have ordered mine in Velvet Red and will post a pic when it arrives later in the month.

·
Registered
506 Posts
OK, but what about the engines? I have no interest in the 1.6 petrol (the blue model in my local showroom), only the 1.4 turbo and 1.7 diesel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts