Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all well finally decided which version would be best after my test drive today a 1.7 cdti auto SE in snow flake white with nav and the galvanised black leather etc. However I have a question and hoped someone could add some light to this. If this colour interior is ordered will the dash be black or the blue colour that I seem to see on every picture on the net or demo car so far? I am a little concerned, the sale member did say it would be black however I am afraid to say they can hardly be trusted with the knowledge they have on their cars?

Ps if I order tomorrow or this week I would be looking at receiving in may!!! And then there is no guarantees as you no! :( Edited by: James

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers thanks for making it so clear.

The car is actually for my girlfriend (butIcan see myself driving it!)Ihave mention the brown mix as it may suit the white exterior. The concern is it may make her "sicky" sitting in it all the time. Not seeing this combo upfront would be a huge gamble! What are your thoughts and have you seen it in real life?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I test drove and exclusive in the brown and blue mix and thought im not too sure on this colour scheme as the brown was quite different to the shade on the vauxall configure site.

Sat in the SE on saturday and the blue and black go together very well and am glad i chose that option. The blue is a very subtle shade and does looks more grey/blue as DCB said. I imagine it would be a better colour scheme if you were looking to resell the car in several years time.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've seen the exclusiv brown/blue or cocoa/dark adriaticas its known and the blue is very blueand the exclusivjet black which is very neutral.
I've also seen theSE in Dark Galvanised leather which isblack and grey (has a blue tinge to it but nowhere near the dark adriatic) but the only trim I haven't seen in the flesh is the Cocoa/Saddle Up leatherone which is the brown on brown mix. I believe others have as a few of the early dealer white ones were shipped in this trim. Blum certainly has seen one in this trim as his photos of the flex fit shows the brown boot. Some of our members have ordered the brown leather, some with the brown exterior well creating a chokka mokka.

Can anybody get an interior shot of the Mokka in Cocoa/Saddle Up?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I and the Mrs went to our local dealer at the weekend to look a Mokka over. The showroom model was an exclusive and we weren't liking the dashboard at all.

We're hoping to test drive their demonstrator tomorrow if its back on site. The salesman suggested it was an SE model which will be a bonus as that's the model we're interested in, mainly because it has a height adjustable passenger seat which my wife will need due to having mobility problems. Me and the wife have debated the interior choice over an over.I really do like the brown leather seats and think they'd sit well in a silver car but the Mrs is having none of it.

Found this :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_f0JywMeGk

Gotta say, I am personally preferring the brown seats but that dash is just in yer face. the dash on the Galvanised trim is fine but in thsi video the seats look blue to purple to me :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvFg66XAdWw

Macca

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers dcbloke it would be good to see if anyone has the interior brown combo pics? I have everything set and am ready to order just need that confidence in my interior choice. I currently have a porsche 997 and cayenne and didnt spend nearly as much time on these lol, Now I understand why women spend so long in there decisions when it comes to shoes ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I don't think the video shows up the other brown very well as it appears a bit black compared to what I believe it is. The vid starts with the a brown interior then switches to a red exterior which is not a combination you can have - If it was then I'd be having it! Wish I could help more.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Really DCB? Do you not think the Red and Brown would Clash? I havent seen either in the flesh though but the brown leather on that vid looks stunning and the pic of the velvet red mokka from Findles(i think it was) also looks phenomenal!!!

BTW, whats the deal with the drivers armrest? the one i sat in it only seemed to be up or dow. Is there not various settings on it or did i miss that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your right, looking at it again the brown is in a white mokka as you can see the colour of the wing mirrors. I don't no why the red mokka makes an appearance?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I test drove on Sunday I don't remember the seat rest having any settings it was simply up or down but I didn't take that much notice of that I am afraid.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We're thinking of a silver SE with the brown leather and now the mrs has seen the galvanised she's coming more round to the brown

Dare to be different ?

Macca

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Macca I am sat with my girlfriend now showing the videos and interrupting her program to plant the seeds that will hopefully do the same...currently she is not having any of it! A bribe of some type I feel may be needed
it's a big risk if the decission in wrong, I have to at that dash and worse listen to her telling me I told you so...lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well Mrs Macca wouldn't have a been of it until i showed her the galvanised video and she was not keen on that. My concern with the galvanised is that in our climate /sunlight it will just look cold for most of the time. At least the brown looks warm, and if you wanna look the part in your Mokka then you'll be weating shades and they will tame the dash

Macca

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Nah I reckon the red and brown would look ace, I can't see why you can't have it on the blue ones either. You can have blue and brown interior on the Exclusiv so they can't say it doesn't go.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've ordered the SE in the Deep Espresso Brown with brown leather interior - my ChokkaMokka laced in caramel lol, just without the calories

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol sounds the business ;) your brave! Did you view the interior before ordering this? If so can you explain, give me your thoughts on the interior? If you didn't view then I bow down to your confidence and minerals :) lol. Now you have the agonising wait for you choccamokka...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Only seen it in the brochure, and too be honest didn't like it at first, especially the dashboard as it just seemed too much, but after some deliberation, my friend convincing me that the galvanised wouldn't look right with the deep espresso brown, and then seeing the galvanised interior when i looked round one, i decided to go for the brown.

Now to wait until April as they have pushed back the delivery date, unless they can get brought forward for me

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok, so had our test drive today. Sadly whereas the dealer thought their demo was an SE (which of course would have allowed us to see at least one of the leather finish options in the flesh) it was in fact a Tech Line with a blue dash.

I thought the start/stop was a handy gadget but i got tired of it after a while. I thought the diesel was a touch growly at times but as we'd be looking at the 1.6 petrol its no big deal.

So thumbs up on the motor but still very much undecided on the interior.

Macca

1 - 20 of 35 Posts