Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Having not driven my wife's Mokka X 1.4 Turbo for ages, I was shocked to find it was really jerky and kangaroo feeling when changing from 1st to 2nd gear. I spoke to her about it, and she said she just drives around the problem :tsurprise:

So my question is does anyone else have this problem? It's a 67 plate 1.4 Turbo petrol with only 7.5k on it. Before I take it to the dealers, and no doubt have a problem getting them to sort it, I thought I'd check on here for help.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
9,375 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem seems to be unsolved and the thread finishes in October 2017. Is there any info on a solution to the problem?

·
Registered
758 Posts
It may be your car has got through the net, Vauxhall introduced a type of launch control
to protect the Dual Mass Flywheel from quick acceleration in first gear, from a standing start
on the 1.4 turbo X manual , [Mine had it], it gave kangaroo symptoms, there is an update to
remove this, a trip to your dealer is in order, to see if it has the update has been put in.

There are no cables, it's fly by wire

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may be your car has got through the net, Vauxhall introduced a type of launch control
to protect the Dual Mass Flywheel from quick acceleration in first gear, from a standing start
on the 1.4 turbo X manual , [Mine had it], it gave kangaroo symptoms, there is an update to
remove this, a trip to your dealer is in order, to see if it has the update has been put in the software

There are no cables, it's fly by wire

Thanks for the reply DSM, that makes sense so a trip to the dealers it will be. I still can't believe my wife just drove around with it like that. I won't say anything about women drivers lol

So just to confirm I'll say to my dealer that this is a known issue and that they should know about it. And hope for the best. :wink:

·
Registered
758 Posts
@wellinever, another post disappeared
@John2702

At the time Vauxhall eventually said anyone wanting the update, it would be done free of charge
and most dealers didn't know, about it, i had to get them to upload the update to my dealerships
system, for them to upload it in to the car, which stopped the symptoms if your dealer
doesn't know try another

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean, resetting what cables?

The cables for the gears, there's a sensor noting the position of the gearstick so if you have to move too far one way maybe its triggering something?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@DSM Thanks again for the info, I'll give my dealer a call and get it booked in and talk them through this info and hopefully they'll sort it. If not then another dealer it will be.

@Dog_Book That seems all too technical for me, lol

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
@dog-Book
These symptoms are a well known problem, not related to gears, but the engine software
hence the Kangaroo symptoms described, fit the cause

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@wellinever, another post disappeared

@John2702

At the time Vauxhall eventually said anyone wanting the update, it would be done free of charge
and most dealers didn't know, about it, i had to get them to upload the update to my dealerships
system, for them to upload it in to the car, which stopped the symptoms if your dealer
doesn't know try another
Its easy to do, i put a rough guide on how2 here https://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/78757-post15.html

If you were close i could do it but not sure where you are unless you fill the location out. Its a little fiddly releasing the cables from the gearstick.

I think I replied to your posting instead of here, but basically my wife's car is still under warranty so won't be fiddling with it, thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
As DSM has pointed out there is a software update that fixes this known problem, some of the guys on the forum struggled with the issue for ages while waiting for Opel to sort out the update, the original thread is disjointed due to the actions of a former moderator who deleted posts that disagreed with his diagnosis, then deleted his own posts (from all threads) the day he "left"

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mine was a 17 X, and if i recollect, it affected the models built that year
including 67 models

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine was a 17 X, and if i recollect, it affected the models built that year
including 67 models

Yeah my wife's is a 67 plate September 2017 I think, I just hope my dealer has some idea about it. I'll soon find out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
As DSM has pointed out there is a software update that fixes this known problem, some of the guys on the forum struggled with the issue for ages while waiting for Opel to sort out the update, the original thread is disjointed due to the actions of a former moderator who deleted posts that disagreed with his diagnosis, then deleted his own posts (from all threads) the day he "left"

Wow, sounds a fun guy

·
Super Moderator
9,375 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
@wellinever

NO, i was on about one of the posts i put on in the last hour, or so, it disappeared, as one did
the other day, then re-appeared later ????? after i put it on again, i wasn't referring too finding past threads.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts