Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Olympic white SE Mokka in November and FINALLY got the phone call today to say its arrived in the dealer pick it up Monday
soooo excited, can't wait to test it out

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's my Olympic White Mokka before I got it. Currently it's not so white. Hopefully it will be again tomorrow.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Katieisla10 said:
Why the face with Olympic white?!
Because there's no such colour, but everyone has so far been too polite to point this out perhaps
. It's either "Summit White" (the cheaper one) or "Snowflake White" (the really really expensive one)
. Either way a nice looking car - Congratulations

Edited for speeling mistooks

Edited by: theforestdweller

·
Registered
63 Posts
theforestdweller said:
Katieisla10 said:
Why the face with Olympic white?!
Because there's no such colour, but everyone has so far been too polite to point this out perhaps
. It's either "Summit White" (the cheaper one) or "Snowflake White" (the really really expensive one)
. Either way a nice looking car - Congratulations

Edited for speeling mistooks
Hate to tell you but they do as my one posted above is classed as Olympic White. Even my Vauxhall paper work states that it is.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just checked the latest brochure (2013 Edition 2) and there is no "Olympic White". Apologies if information is wrong but can only go by the "official" documentation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's not been in either edition as far as I'm aware but when I got mine I even queried it with my dealer as I'd never heard of it either, however, I have one in my garage so must be right. Not sure why it isn't in the brochure if at least 2 of us have got one.

·
Registered
713 Posts
When I bought my Astra in 2010 it was Olympic White. Same colour is now Summit White. Probably had to change it due to the Olympics

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does anyone know how much difference there is between the 2 different whites? Mine will be summit White byt just wondered how much difference there is between this nd the V expensive pearl white?

·
Registered
767 Posts
The expensive Snowflake Whiteis a PremiumPearlescent paint & the cheaper Summit White is a Metallic paint & the differences are :-
Material <ul style="font: 12pxormal ormal ormal Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 10px; padding: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;"><li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Metallic: Usually uses very small flakes of aluminum to give the car an obvious sparkle. These aluminum flakes are relatively uniform in size and are evenly mixed with the paint itself.<li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Pearl: This paint type uses small flakes of mica, a synthetic material that resembles the sheen of a natural pearl. The mica particles are also the same in size and mixed with the base paint.[/list]<h4 style="line-height: normal; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;">Perspective-Specific Appeal</h4><ul style="font: 12pxormal ormal ormal Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 10px; padding: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;"><li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Metallic: Gives the car a shine that does not change color when looked at from a different angle. The hue of the paint stays the same no matter how you look at it.<li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Pearl: The shade of the color of the car will appear to change when you look at it from different perspectives. This gives an illusion of shaded and illuminated areas depending on the amount of light it gets.[/list]<h4 style="line-height: normal; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;">Usual Applications</h4><ul style="font: 12pxormal ormal ormal Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 10px; padding: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;"><li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Metallic: Most of the cars with metallic auto paint are of sports-inspired designs with a generally edgy or race car look.<li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Pearl: Luxury family cars and sedans that are marketed in a corporate setting often use pearlescent car paint.[/list]<h4 style="line-height: normal; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;">Light Reception</h4><ul style="font: 12pxormal ormal ormal Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 10px; padding: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;"><li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Metallic: Since cars with metallic paint get their shine from aluminum flakes, light is reflected. These metal flakes act like tiny dots of mirrors spread evenly on the car. This mechanism makes the car shiny in a glitter-like way.<li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Pearl: The mica particles found in pearl car paints do not reflect light. Instead, the mica flakes let light pass through them and then they are refracted evenly throughout the car's surface. Unlike the metallic flakes, these mica specks act like very small prisms that refract white light into different shades.[/list]<h4 style="line-height: normal; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;">Final Finish</h4><ul style="font: 12pxormal ormal ormal Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 10px; padding: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;"><li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Metallic: The aluminum flakes in metallic paint give a car a very apparent shine which gives it a loud effect.<li style="margin: 5px; padding: 0px;"> Pearl: The mica particles in pearlescent paint give cars more of a glow than a shine. It makes cars look crisp, yet soft at the same time.[/list]

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a Summit White mokka and it definitely ISNT metallic, if its supposed to be then they must of forgot to add metal flakes to the paint lol. Still love it tho

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The Olympics are pretty protective of their IP and trademarks. Why is it Olympic white anyway - the only white is the background of the flag but the rings can appear without the background.

·
Registered
506 Posts
wingy999 said:
I have a Summit White mokka and it definitely ISNT metallic
It's not described as Metallic but as "Brilliant" in the brochure, and is categorised separately from the other options of"Solid", "Two Coat Metallic" and "Premium Pearlescent".

So, what's the difference between "Solid" and "Brilliant" - Is the former "dull" and the latter "bright"

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well I guess I'll find out next week what its like. Been told today that the car is at the dealer and I'll get it Wednesday lunchtime. I'm driving down to Cardiff tomorrow and the dealer is bringing it to my clients place where I'll be running a training course so will need to do the collection in my lunch break. A little more rushed than I would have liked but then nothing has gone quite right with this purchase. Just hope nothing major goes wrong next week.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts