Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so would I be wise to have the cambelt changed soon as my wife likes her car and wishes to keep it. Last changed 40K miles ago. Car is 2013 Mokka Exclusiv CDTi 2WD 1686 c.c diesel.

Thank you for your help?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
IIRC the recommended interval is 100k or 6 years, but a belt failing much earlier is a real possibility, particularly if a non manufacturers part was fitted last time, modern engines are nearly all interference so I would assume it is. my personal choice has always been to never let a cambelt change go over 50k to be on the safe side (or the manufacturers recommended mileage if less)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC the recommended interval is 100k or 6 years, but a belt failing much earlier is a real possibility, particularly if a non manufacturers part was fitted last time, modern engines are nearly all interference so I would assume it is. my personal choice has always been to never let a cambelt change go over 50k to be on the safe side (or the manufacturers recommended mileage if less)

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Or look up the 1.7 cdti in the astras from years ago if im allowed to suggest you search as its basically the same engine from what others more experienced in this engine have told me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts