Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm tryin connect my second generation ipod shuffle via the
usb. It will play via the AUX but wont charge then and I can only use the controls on device itself. I have try a Ipod nano - this works fine with car controls charging etc. but i want to.use the shuffle. I wonder if I can get an adapter? My Mokka (opel) only has the 400 radio.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You would have to use it as a USB device rather than an i device, so you may have to be careful of the way the music is formatted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good tetchmeister, it plays grand aux and via heaadphones - so i now need to get it in USB format - is that correct? Must google it.
Edited by: AUTOMOKKO

·
Registered
374 Posts
When you use the AUX input it is the shuffle that is playing, when you used the USB dock, your Mokka's 400 has to read the music files from the device, decode them and play them. If the format of the music is not compatible with the what the 400 can play then it won't work.
MP3 is generally accepted, i don't know if the car can play standard apple formatted files?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You'd need to get the adapter for the the shuffle that connects it to USB and plug it in that port (like the one you got with it. The stereo understands other iPods plugged in through USB but the shuffle is a slightly different kettle of fish to the standard iPods. The aux port is just a headphone jack, no power over it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DietCokeBloke said:
You'd need to get the adapter for the the shuffle that connects it to USB and plug it in that port (like the one you got with it. The stereo understands other iPods plugged in through USB but the shuffle is a slightly different kettle of fish to the standard iPods. The aux port is just a headphone jack, no power over it.
Hi DCB, the 2nd generation ipod shuffle only has 1 plug in! Its supposed to b a new type that carry power as well as sound! when i pthlug it into the cars USB the radio reads 'no readable files' but there are 363 songs on there ecause I can hear them on headphones! I think it mite b format as tetchmeister said - but i'm drawing a blank on google on how to change format. I tink it miye b sometnig to do wit 'WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VERRSION 8 and playlist .m3u, .pls???? But i'm clueless as what to do!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The car uses software to interface with other iPods and drive them to play their ac3s through the audio output of the dock connector through the stereo. The shuffle isn't like the rest of the iPods - it only has the modified headphone jack with the extra links on it for power/communication (or is it the daft shuffle that only had one button on and that was on the headphones?) and it doesn't have the same software on it so the car can't drive it. The shuffle will only hold songs in ac3 format so you've either got the choice of keeping the shuffle on the aux port and charging it separately, getting a cheap used nano, put your mp3s on a cd or USB stick and play them that way.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can use the shuffle as USB drive. But obviously then you won't be able to use it then to play music, just to carry MP3's for the car. If you have enough space you could use it for both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts