Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some one upload a video of the iPod control as I'm very interested to see it. I've ordered the exclusive without sat nav but I still have iPod controll. I hope it's as good as my alpine unit

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would also be interested to see what differences there is between Ipod control, and just a straight up USB stick.

(tempted to break my lifetime hatered of all iThingies)

·
Registered
217 Posts
The ipod control like the usb stick is flawed in that you cant go back to album search where you left off once youve chosen a track from a particular album. if you have 100s of albums then it means searching from the letter A again etc. there is no quick search as in say the using the PHONEBOOK which at least lets you choose a letter to start from.
the ipod control is exactly the same as the usb stick although you can hook say a 160GB ipod classic and it will show all the albums, whereas the usb stick is limited to 1000 tracks. but like i said scrolling through 160GB of music is a pain and youll probably need to cool the scroll wheel down with WD40, thats if you dont run into the back of a car first. lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have the sat navi 600 so it would be different to yours as you state you dont have this.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Andy_H said:
I would also be interested to see what differences there is between Ipod control, and just a straight up USB stick. 

(tempted to break my lifetime hatered of all iThingies)
Andy_H. Once you join our iWorld you will never look back. Currently up to 9 iDevices. If the 5 yr old can suss them out then it proves how good they are.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hands up anyone else that had trouble setting the record timer on VHS VCRs?

·
Registered
506 Posts
It was the inferior and more expensive technology that made my Betamax VCR obsolete. Fortunately in those days I did have a small child to hand to help

·
Registered
767 Posts
theforestdweller said:
It was the inferior and more expensive technology that made my Betamax VCR obsolete. Fortunately in those days I did have a small child to hand to help
I hope you didn't invest in a Squarialas well. Good old BSB & now we are stuck with Sky.

My son did all the video setting & new TV tuning. No self tuning in those days. Mind you steam driven TV had a certain something about it. Smoke mostly.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If I only knew programming the betamax as a kid would have led into a lifetime working with computer server hardware.....

Andy you can't class yourself as an old git in one post and then claim not to know what a VHS is. I've beenflabbergastedthat a 19 year old at work doesn't know who Van Damme, Segal or a whole clutch of old action star actors are and has never seen even one of their films. What are they teaching these new whippersnappers?

·
Registered
313 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
If I only knew programming the betamax as a kid would have led into a lifetime working with computer server hardware.....

Andy you can't class yourself as an old git in one post and then claim not to know what a VHS is. I've beenflabbergastedthat a 19 year old at work doesn't know who Van Damme, Segal or a whole clutch of old action star actors are and has never seen even one of their films. What are they teaching these new whippersnappers?
I was being ever so slightly sarcastic

How can you not know who van damme or segal are? That's shameful!

And as for your earlier point, I wish I still did work with server hardware n what not
young stupidity, a using company as an earlier employer and too many years out of the game. I miss playing with expensive toys

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
I've beenflabbergastedthat a 19 year old at work doesn't know who Van Damme, Segal or a whole clutch of old action star actors are and has never seen even one of their films. What are they teaching these new whippersnappers?
I love this Seagal quote "I myself am a nonviolent person and only resort to violence when I absolutely have to."

·
Registered
71 Posts
wingy999 said:
The ipod control like the usb stick is flawed in that you cant go back to album search where you left off once youve chosen a track from a particular album. if you have 100s of albums then it means searching from the letter A again etc. there is no quick search as in say the using the PHONEBOOK which at least lets you choose a letter to start from.
the ipod control is exactly the same as the usb stick although you can hook say a 160GB ipod classic and it will show all the albums, whereas the usb stick is limited to 1000 tracks. but like i said scrolling through 160GB of music is a pain and youll probably need to cool the scroll wheel down with WD40, thats if you dont run into the back of a car first. lol
I've got the CD400 in my Astra GTC and it has an 'Alpha Acceleration' feature. If you spin the wheel fast while scrolling through a list of albums / artists / songs etc. it switches to this mode that lets you scroll a letter at a time through the alphabet so you can quickly get to M if you are look for an album beginning with M. I'm not sure if the Navi600 will be the same.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has any tried an iPod Classic in the Mokka?

I use one in my current car but can with limited controls and was hoping the Mokka would give me much better control over what was playing.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeadontt said:

I use one in my current car but can with limited controls and was hoping the Mokka would give me much better control over what was playing.

You might want to specify a generation - I'm guessing the classics have generations.

·
Registered
147 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Yeadontt said:

You might want to specify a generation - I'm guessing the classics have generations.
I'd guess at 'forgotten' but that's just Apple applying 'it ain't broke so don't fix it'. I'll get the right answer later on

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has any tried an iPod Classic (6th Gen 160Gb) in the Mokka?

I use one in my current car but with limited controls and was hoping the Mokka would give me much better control over what was playing.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I use the 160gb ClA**ic in my car, the only control is via the steering to change song direction or use the iPod itself to select a singer or album Edited by: DietCokeBloke

1 - 20 of 26 Posts