Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am after some advice on which Iphone 5 holder might be best suited for mounting in the Mokka (so I can use my phone satnav). If anybody has a recommendation I'd appreciate any comments you might have.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, after a fair bit of mucking around and trying a few Iphone 5 holders I opted for a Tetrax. A bit on the costly side but it was one holder that had a minimal visual impact on the dashboard. It comes with two types of fixing, a clamp (for the vent) or a sticky pad (wouldn't bother with this). The clamp fits nicely onto the top vent (there really aren't that many obvious places to locate the holder) and once the phone is in place, gives a pretty good visual display for the driver. It's also near the USB port so you can run the charger cable up with relative ease. The one thing I would say is that this system is based on a magnet so the Iphone or case would need to have one attached to the back of it. This means the Iphone won't sit flat on a table or whatever unless the magnet is recessed into the case because once in place, the magnet is there for life. If I was really going to town on this idea I would probably do the following.

Buy a Tetrax Iphone case which deals with the issue of the raised magnet.

Or

On the back of the Iphone I would apply a protective film. On to the protective film I would apply the magnet (make sure you position it properly). I would then drill a hole (to match the size and location of the magnet) into the back of a rigid case (they're only a few quid). Click the phone into the case and the magnet (although on a layer of film) should be kept in place and correspond to the hole you've just drilled. This way, the phone can be put down on a flat surface and not rock about (like mine).

Well, that's my theory but if any bright spark out there has another solution, please share.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts