Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, my car at the moment is a vectra 04 plate, just been taxed coming up to mot then 1st week in june insurance is due, but just been informed my mokka is due on 8th august, if i dont insure my vectra i wont have a car till my mokka comes 2 months later, so wat do i do? Any advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
506 Posts
With regard to the insurance question, it obviously depends on the insurer, but all I did was phone them and request the insurance transferred from my then existing iX35 to the Mokka. No probem and no cost as they were the same insurance group. I also took advantage of my Brokers free 5 day insurance to cover any gap in cover that might arise if there were any unforeseen delays.

Tax is refundable for unused complete months.

Guess you have no option but to get a new MOT.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Most insurance companies let you either transfer the remaining cover to the new vehicle or give a refund on the unused portion that you can put towards the new policy. It's usually on a sliding scale & it's rarelya full1/12 of the premium for each month of refund. Some charge an admin fee on top as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just amended my insurance with Privilege. For £7.42 extra they'll cover the Mokka until the policy renewal in July (and this included the admin fee). I may switch insurers then but it's a no brainer to extend the policy at that price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My old cars insurance was due 22nd march and collected my mokka 10th April, I just did the full years renewal on old car, then took out the dealers 5 day free to go insurance so they could tax it, then went online and changed my car details on existing policy to my mokka without having to pay admin fee, just a small difference in cover, and took the old car off road as we have parking in our garden, and its off road until we sell our old van we used to use for my hubbies business, we'll then transfer insurance off van to car, it's very easy.

·
Registered
633 Posts
As long as you have SORN it with DVLA otherwise it still needs insurance.
"As part of
Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) it is a legaloffence to keep a
vehicle without insurance unless you have notified DVLA that your
vehicle is being kept off the road by means of a Statutory Off Road
Notice (SORN)."

Source Motor Insurers' Bureau

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry lads forgot to put in my topic is that im getting the mokka thru work on a car scheme, ill probably mot it then try and sell it but ill be without a car for 2 months till it arrives

1 - 7 of 7 Posts