Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some insurance companies take the ****. I had a dual car policy with Admiral, where it is difficult to work out how much each vehicle policy is. When I changed for the mokka I was expecting a reduction based on my own research. When this wasn't forthcoming I have changed insurer and saved over £200.

It does worry me when you use a search engine like confused ( other search engines are available) how there can be a big difference in quotes. My cheapest was £230 before adding legal protn etc. the dearest was £2k (wow). Do some if these companies actually get business!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Had a rebate from my part ex (Vectra SRI) of £7.54 and I only had a month left to run on policy.
Just renewed for £224 with LV. Checked online before renewal and there was a large difference as you noted.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Tweev,

I do wonder sometimes that they just pluck these figures out of thin air!

My cheapest quote is £214 going up to £900 with the AA and thats with a 30% promo discount.

I agree it does make you wonder if they do a lot of business.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It also depends on what you get for your money, some specify their own garages for a paint job, no car provided if yours is off the road, deductible etc, its not easy to make a proper comparison and be sure what i your getting

·
Registered
422 Posts
jcol said:
It also depends on what you get for your money, some specify their own garages for a paint job, no car provided if yours is off the road, deductible etc, its not easy to make a proper comparison and be sure what i your getting
That'sunlawful. They may recommend/<em style="font-style: normal; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16px;">incentivise[/i](<em style="font-style: normal; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16px;">courtesy [/i]car/pick up/drop off) theirfavoured(cut price) body shop, but ultimately the choice is YOURS! They cannot specify where you take it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If using Confused.com be aware they are part of Admiral.
This is the UK group =
Admiral
Bell
Confused.com
Diamond
Elephant.co.uk
Gladiator

·
Registered
79 Posts
What insurance company is best for multi car, we are with Admiral at the moment and we are thinking of jumping ship, as the renewal quote for this year is quite high.

Thanks..

·
Registered
156 Posts
amokka said:
What insurance company is best for multi car, we are with Admiral at the moment and we are thinking of jumping ship, as the renewal quote for this year is quite high.

Thanks..
Had a vectra with LV with full no claims and bought a Corsa 1.6 Turbo as second car, LV matched my no claims enT*Tlement on additional policy as they don't do multicar ( at the time, may do now).
Very compeT*Tive and Mokka with them for just a shade over £200.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Doesnt matter what insurance company your with, always shop around before choosing the right one, also use search engines on internet as you can barter the insurance company with the quotes obtained from the net, etc. Thats what I did, i'm still with Admiral but got a good enough deal to stay with em.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have heard many horror stories about Admiral if u have to make a claim they will do anything and every thing to void your insurance.

A lad on the VXR forum had his insurance claim with admiral voided because they said he had tinted rear windows and he did not inform them.
he got paid out as they was standard factory fitted and this only one of the horror stories about them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We have an admiral multicar policy for 4 cars , 2 kids & 2 adult drivers. We did the usual searching the net, individually & for group discounts & the cheapest was admiral for fully comp all round.
Son had minor knock in Dec & no quibbles they even told him how to avoid paying his hefty excess which helped towards him purchasing a new corsa!
I mistakenly claimed for minor damage to my old car 2 years ago done by a hit & run driver & as a result I am penalised for 3 years on my actual policy albeit I have my premium covered with max no claims protection so get full discount. I was unhappy about this & asked other insurers if this would be the same with them & was old yes ! It's your level of discount that's protected not the actual premium !
All said we ave had no problems with admiral as a company ,including kids being learner s then new drivers etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had 3 cars on a multi car policy with Admiral and they wanted £1290, eventually dropped to £1150 which was till up on last year. We swapped to individual policies with Hastings Direct and got it for £850

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got mine for £1010 which compared to my previous £2300 for old car. I am rather happy... Driving under 25 is annoying at times.

·
Registered
246 Posts
New quote from RAC. £91.49 for me and the wife. Fully Comprehensive, £0.00 excess. Cheap as chips.

·
Registered
767 Posts
wellfan said:
New quote from RAC. £91.49 for me and the wife. Fully Comprehensive, £0.00 excess. Cheap as chips.
Wow that is cheaper than chips.

Can I borrow your post code?

·
Registered
264 Posts
wellfan said:

OMG thats cheaper than chips with gravy on lol £433 is the cheapest i can get but i live in one of the worst postcodes.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don't think I'd get that it I only travelled on roads where the next nearest vehicle was 10 miles away , and I had a man in a top hat waving a red flag in front .

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I lived in Cheadle Hulme I got whacked £750 for my Ka as CH is classed as Stockport. Moved to Ely, insurance dropped to £200, rising to £215 for the Mokka. Got that through Tesco.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I thought I was getting a really good deal from Lloyds TSB for £128, fully comp for me and my wife, but the RAC beats that. wasn't quoted on Compare the Meercat.

Royal Blue Techline CDTi AWD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts