Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After someone reversed into our ASX , have decided to purchase an in car camera . Whilst there are numerous variants on ebay , there are not so many main stream cameras . I would appreciate any first experiences and suggestions for said device . It must be one that records gps and g force data etc , not worried about price ( lie ! ) , but need something that is reliable and doesn't need google translate !!

·
Registered
264 Posts
i have just bought one that does every thing u want only paid £55 full hd.
Edited by: FX_Red

·
Registered
584 Posts
Where are you going to mount it - front or back?

·
Registered
264 Posts
front the picture is cystall

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it has gps etc ? Any chance of a link please , as if the video is accurate , that is the sort of thing I'm after .

·
Registered
264 Posts
i will get the missus to upload it this taken of my comp through my phone give me a bit

·
Registered
236 Posts
FX_Red said:
i have just bought one that does evry thing u want only paid £55 full hd.
http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/nemufc2003/media/20130319_151444_zps1b411e47.mp4.html
Have you informed your insurance company. It is a modification and they should be told

·
Registered
584 Posts
How can adding a camera be classed as a modification, if that's so I would have to tell them about my tomtom!

·
Registered
264 Posts
im uploading it now

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does an air freshner consT*Ture a modification ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
And adding mats the car came without them

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the links !!

I will add that to my list to ponder over .

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have looked into these after reading this post and am seriously considering the Roadhawk DC1 and getting it professionally fitted (ie the cable hidden)

It looks the business if you watch the YouTube clip ......

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Roadhawk range does look good , and is still compact units . Regardless of which unit we end up having , there is the thorny subject of hiding cables in the header lining and trim . I suspect it should be a straight foreword job , especially if I tap up the service team ! May tap into the fuse box to power such a device , but I still have a 4 X 12v accessory that I could use ( never throw anything away ) .

·
Registered
241 Posts
My concern with the camera shown would be that it is very visible and if hard wired into the vehicle it's likely to attract the attention of thieves etc who may damage the vehicle to get to the camera. Video quality looks good though. I use a Drift X170 camera on the bike, they have some new models now that are smaller, don't know if they can be wired into the car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts