Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have followed instructions in the Infotainment manual and, using notepad text editor, have created a file with .poi extension and saved it to a usb flash drive. When I insert the flash drive in the car and try and import the poi file it says there is no poi file. This appears to be because the file is still a Text file and not a POI file even though it has a .poi file extension. Can anyone advise how to save the file as a proper POI file rather than a Text file please?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Plug in your PC an empty stick USB not bigger than 1 Gigabyte of memory,
and formated in FAT format. Create a folder called 'myPOIs' in the root
folder of the USB stick. Finally copy the extracted files before into
the folder named 'myPOIs'

The above is copied from a web site.

If you do not put you files in a folder T*Tled myPOIS it will not work. It took me several times to sus it, the NAVI600 just says no usb till you get it right. Good luck

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just out of interest when you saved it in notepad did you Change the save as file type from text .txt to all files *.* before saving with a .poi extension. If you didn't you'll find the file will actually be example.poi.txt but windows hides the .txt as it knows what it is hence the text file icon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have now done everything suggested and the poi file looks as though it is loading into the Navi 600 but then comes up with a message saying error in line one and showing a file name completely different to the name of the file I'm trying to load. Anyone got any ideas why this may be and how to rectify please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts