Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how true this is but I was told by mysales guythat all Vauxhall dealerships are only allowed to place orders forfour Mokkas to be builtper month... (Ipurchased one that they had ordered for stockfrom their October allowance during the free fuel weekend... so my delivery date is end of February- although I was initially told it should arrive in December!)
That doesn't mean however that they can't take orders for them!!! So perhaps by the date of the free fuel weekend in Novemberdealerships had already placed theirfour vehical build allowance for that month (perhaps even from orders made in September or October)?!... and I "guess" if they sold, say,8 that weekend they could only placean order offour in December and then another four in January and thats if there were no other back orders to put throughetc etc etc...

So I'm just wondering whether that is why everyone has such different delivery dates from ordering during the free fuel weekend...

As I say, I'm not sure how true this is...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Jules, your grassy knowl conspiricy theory does have some weight to it.

I was told that Vauxhall were 'drip feeding the car into the UK market in order to protect future re-sale value s' of the Mokka. this was backed up in email and so the text is lifted straight from the email.

This may be a good thing in the long run as your car will have a higher residual value when you do eventually sell it.

Having seen the in-house Vauxhall system, I think this may be true as I paid my deposit on 17th Nov and the order was processed on 19th following the free-fuel weekend. I did notice that another order date of 30th November as on the system and this could have been the date mine was 'queued' on the Mokka 'drip-feed' list.

I know that they sold 16 on the free-fuel weekend, 8 going before i ordered mine and so maybe mine was put on the December list if the 8 filled the October and November allocation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder how much of it is down to the dealers cash flow or ability to service a number of new cars coming in to their garage?

Also, might be something to do with targets - e.g. the dealer is expected to sell 4 cars per month, there is no point selling 6 one month and 2 the next as they will have failed their target.

They may also be trying to manage sales to meet their periodic bonuses, e.g. they get a bonus from Vx for selling X cars in a quarter so will move sales from one month to the next to make sure that quarters bonus is met?

·
Registered
494 Posts
What a cynical bunch we are eh?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hoping the residual part is the reason, about time Vauxhall started looking after their post sale reputation, also makes sense for the dealers making more money on the used markets.

·
Registered
494 Posts
In addition,I was told that they wanted to get out of the 0% Financemarket and I suppose that's fair enough as they would then be more competitive and so could reduce costs and make more profit.

Obviously if then the list price comes down,that gets more people in the showroom. The downside is that the customer pays interest on the car loan but the full cost won't be much different to the price now.

If they reduce the price that is.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The prices of the extras have gone up since I ordered mine 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I visited my dealer two weeks ago he mentioned a 'rumour' that each dealership were only allowed to order 5 (maybe for stock) at a time and had heard of opening a second build plant in South Korea due to unexpected demand. Again this is just what he had heard on the grapevine so who knows ?? Edited by: Nffcp

·
Registered
42 Posts
Called my lease co yesterday and delivery is still estimated as the first week of February but the person I spoke to expressed surprised that I was getting one as they are being quoted ever increasing lead times on the Mokka and existing orders are being extended.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bandage_Boy said:

I was told that Vauxhall were 'drip feeding the car into the UK market in order to protect future re-sale value s' of the Mokka.  this was backed up in email and so the text is lifted straight from the email.

This may be a good thing in the long run as your car will have a higher residual value when you do eventually sell it.

Having seen the in-house Vauxhall system, I think this may be true as I paid my deposit on 17th Nov and the order was processed on 19th following the free-fuel weekend.  I did notice that another order date of 30th November as on the system and this could have been the date mine was 'queued' on the Mokka 'drip-feed' list.

I know that they sold 16 on the free-fuel weekend, 8 going before i ordered mine and so maybe mine was put on the December list if the 8 filled the October and November allocation.

I wonder if they will also drip feed the Cascada on sale in April? "Oooh, a nice soft top for the summer! D'oh! Delivery date = 1st October!"

Vauxhall Cascada

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CarbonFlash said:
Bandage_Boy said:
I was told that Vauxhall were 'drip feeding the car into the UK market in order to protect future re-sale value s' of the Mokka. this was backed up in email and so the text is lifted straight from the email.

Having seen the in-house Vauxhall system, I think this may be true as I paid my deposit on 17th Nov and the order was processed on 19th following the free-fuel weekend. I did notice that another order date of 30th November as on the system and this could have been the date mine was 'queued' on the Mokka 'drip-feed' list.

I wonder if they will also drip feed the Cascada on sale in April? "Oooh, a nice soft top for the summer! D'oh! Delivery date = 1st October!"

Vauxhall Cascada
That looks lovely - very classy... takes me back to my Audi TT days!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
As nice as the Mokka is, the Cascada makes me openly drool. If money was no object it would replace my Tigra.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is the Cascada built in South Korea?

·
Registered
197 Posts
They hada similar day in Januarylike the free fuel weekend from November.
Only they gave you an extra £500 off the Mokka instead of us waiting amonth for "fuel" (prepaid-debit)cards.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unfortunately the January sale had an exclusion list and you guessed it no reduction on the Mokka.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Jules said:
I'm not sure how true this is but I was told by mysales guythat all Vauxhall dealerships are only allowed to place orders forfour Mokkas to be builtper monthAs I say, I'm not sure how true this is...
I asked at Vauhall sales today, and was met with, raised eyebrows, a submissive smile and
"That would be clever if they were advertising on TV and in the papers, wouldn't it"

So I think the answer is Its True Jules!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bugga
Besides calling all dealerships over the country ... is there another way to find out which dealer still has a slot in his calendar for that month?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Furious emails to VCS asking why they are limiting it and asking it to be removed as you'd like to get your new Mokka before Christmas?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just to share some info, I spoke the VCS the other day and was told it was only 2 per dealership per month - sorry to be the bearer of bad news if its true!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts