Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my previous car for nine years from new (Kia) I've gone for the mokka. It looked good in the showroom and was the stand out vehicle in the range. Coming away and researching the vehicle further I decided it was the car for me. I chose the 1.6 petrol SE as I don't do heavy weight miles and ordering the 4x4 would have meant a factory build and waiting till June. The dealer found me a vehicle in group stock which disappeared as sold before they could flag it to me. Luckily there was one in vauxhall compound and hopefully delivery to drive away next week. Can't wait although I will check the common faults have been looked at before taking the vehicle!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines a 1.6 SE in black. Didn't go for any of the additional options, as yes, same as you, was told about the long waiting list! Should have my hands on mine by the end of this week

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's good. Most people seem to be waiting quite some time as they are literally being shipped over in slow boats
. Ever since I ordered mine I've been looking forthem out on the roads but the only one I've seen is the demo from the local dealership! Keep hoping to spot one in a car park that I can have a nosy at
Hope it arrives to plan and post some pictures etc soon as please

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered mine on Feb 6. They had the spec i wanted in vauxhalls compound. They told me it would take 5-7 days max to get delivery of it. However i am still waiting despite contacting the garage twice to ask where it is. The keep telling me they are "expecting it any day now"! But promise they have instructed workshop its a priority when it comes in.
Latest estimate for me getting my hands on it are sometime this week.....we wait and see!!!

I should drive by the showroom and makesure they are not holding onto it as a showroom model for a few days!

Still have not seen any on the roads around Huddersfield....before or since ordering

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mmmmmm that sounds slightly odd. You ordered it and 2 weeks later they can't produce an "in stock" car?

I smell a rat!

Will be interesting to hear what transpires.

Edited by: AlyG

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why do you smell a rat,that's what our dealer has been informed its a factory order,he will advise me if any come up before hand ,was given the choice of a white one last week ,but husband hates white.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had an update from the showroom. They still haven't had my car in, it's still at port in Wales. It apparantly docked on 7th feb. the same day I ordered it. But they do expect it any day

·
Registered
113 Posts
bet you can't wait. we signed for our blue 1.7 techline last monday and was told it was pre ordered car so should be ready for end of march. Just emailed dealer today to get the tracking number to see if he is telling porkies. Njoy the mokka when u get it

·
Registered
572 Posts
I said my comment as it seems very strange to me that you order a car on the 6th February and over 2 weeks later it isn't at the dealership and they don't know exactly when it will arrive.

Just my impression - nothing sinister meant by it

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is a possibility it has been assigned to someone else and they are scrabbling around to find you one, hence the delay, that has happened to one or two who were told they could have stock cars, and unless they have to tell you they have messed up they won't as it ends up costing them lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dawdy said:
There is a possibility it has been assigned to someone else and they are scrabbling around to find you one, hence the delay, that has happened to one or two who were told they could have stock cars, and unless they have to tell you they have messed up they won't as it ends up costing them lol

Exactly my thoughts too - but said so much better than I could have done

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just had a conversation with my dealer. The issue at the moment is...that there are 10,000 Mokka's at Portbury and the logistics company cannot cope with the demand to get them to showrooms. There is a 2-3 week delay at the docks.
Looks like im on for a 13 plate now

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My dealer tells me that the cars go to Zeebrugge where they re de-waxed. Then shipped to the port of portbbury or another port the name of which I can't (wasn't Bristol though) remember.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The dealer I didn't use told me they were made in Spain!
Why lie if you don't know the answer?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I take delivery of my Mokka 1.7CDti (sovereign silver) on 1.3.13 and have looked carefully on the roads for other Mokkas, has anyone seen one. I am pleased with the spec and was able to see the newly delivered car today at the garage. my only dissapointment was the two tone blue dashboard and brown carpets. What ever possessed Vauxhalls!! I suppose it will grow on me. The rest of the car met my expectations and I am looking forward to taking deliver a week on friday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
jcol said:
I take delivery of my Mokka 1.7CDti (sovereign silver) on 1.3.13 and have looked carefully on the roads for other Mokkas, has anyone seen one.  I am pleased with the spec and was able to see the newly delivered car today at the garage.  my only dissapointment was the two tone blue dashboard and brown carpets.  What ever possessed Vauxhalls!! I suppose it will grow on me.  The rest of the car met my expectations and I am looking forward to taking deliver a week on friday.
You could of got a black interior if you wanted one .
I asked the dealer so he had a hunt around on the Computer and found one 200 miles away

1 - 20 of 44 Posts