Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently a Hyundai iX35 Owner which has proved to be a worthy successor to my SEAT Freetrack (only ever saw one other, excellent car), Nissan Qashqai (couldn't wait to get rid of it - Don't ask
), Honda CRV (good but bland), and Toyota RAV4 (my first 4 x 4).

The time is now approaching when I look for a replacement for my iX35 after 2 years of ownership and since I'm spending my own money as a private buyer I shall be very fussy

The Mokka is currently my favoured option but all depends on actually seeing the vehicle and taking a test drive. I will be looking at the 1.7 diesel in SE trim with 4 wheel drive. Have looked at all the available information and the Mokka (mostly) ticks all the right boxes.

I'm disappointed regarding two items on a top of the range model - NO keyless Stop/Start and apparently NO Sunroof - at least on UK versions. One of my other gripes has I think been resolved - in many cars the conversion to RHD leaves the handbrake on the "wrong" side of the cupholders, but careful examination of the available pictures suggests that RHD models have the handbrake correctly sited

I have however noted that some pictures show the roof as being flat
while other show it as ribbed along its length - any answers anyone?

I note that Chevrolet are releasing their version of the Mokka in the UK called the "Trax". Same underpinnings and engines but markedly different body styling. Will want to look at this one also. It will be very interesting to see how the dealers with both models in the same showroom try to sell one against the other!

I look forward to a growing forum and exchange of views

Edited by: theforestdweller

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! Take it you like your cross-overs then
I just had to Google the Seat Freetrack, never heard of it!

The ribbed roof - as far as I was aware there are four or five ribs runningparallel with the sides and situated towards the back of the car, it's smooth at the front though.

The Trax is interesting, not sure why GM would do that? They position Chevrolet as a cheaper brand than Vauxhall in the UK so I can only assume they will price it cheaper and maybe drop some of thespecificationout a bit.

Keep us updated with your thoughts and test drive when you eventually get one!

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome

These were I think, the original official photos released by Opel/Vauxhall - No ribs on the roof and where's the sunroof gone in the official specifications that are now available to us!

Yes I do like the crossover style. It all started with the purchase of the original Citroen Picasso. SWMBO and myself loved the raised seating position and thereafter it has been a question of finding vehicles with similar raised seating. A big plus is the 4 x 4 option. There is a fair slope leading from our house and it's only a 4 x 4, not necessarily a "real" one that guarantees sufficient traction in snow and ice.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Thanks for those pics, will be interesting to see what roof it has when it hits the showrooms then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts