Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Mokka tech line automatic 17 CDTI. the gear lever surround is peeling and it looks horrible. i have purchased another one, but how do i replace it ?

Registered
I have a 2016 auto and rubber is peeling off rang vauxhall as I have the network q extended warranty and they refuse the claim saying wear and tear
My car is less than 4 years old and 16000 miles 馃槼

Registered
I have a 2013 Mokka tech line automatic 17 CDTI. the gear lever surround is peeling and it looks horrible. i have purchased another one, but how do i replace it ?
Hi, bit of a delay here but can I ask where you got the replacement cover? I have the same issue. Been looking around and can only find the whole gear lever/knob etc when all I need is the chrome cover/panel. Thanks in advance! :)

Registered
Interesting I have just got a 2015 auto in showroom condition. The former owner kept it inside cleaned it more than drove it. The only sign of any deterioration is on the chrome cover at the base of the gear selector arm. A small flake of chrome is starting to lift at the edge and it is not any wear and tear In my opinion it is poor plating. Is this likely to happen on any other parts?

Registered
Mine was really well looked after generally as well, but had the peeling chrome in same place as yours around gear selector. But also a lot of chrome peeling/bubbling away on the surround of the dash centre console. Had to replace that.

Registered
Same here, need to change mine but dont know how to change it.
As changing it is a big expensive job I fixed my one with a very small bit of supper glue under the loose edge. When that was dry I touched up the missing bit with a chrome pen. It actually worked very well no more flaking and hard to see if you are not looking for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts