Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if there is already a thread for this but the boat " The Grand Pioneer " which has/is docking In South Korea and Is the boat I believe the June delivery cars might be on!!

How long to load the cars and how long do they generally stay at the port before the return journey home?? Edited by: Kat34

·
Registered
633 Posts
Blum said:
<br style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0H8TgWX-lY<br style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Dont watch if your nervous about your new baby!<br style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 16px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.... WOW!!!! ..... They load them pretty quick then !!

Thanks BLUM

Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
344 Posts
wish I hadn't watched that now ! Did you check out the drivers running after parking to get the next batch?

·
Registered
264 Posts
They don`t half park close together lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
Isn't the Mokka too high for those decks??? Reminds me of last year when we went into an underground car park in Amiens in France forgetting we still had a roof box on.

Tight to say the least.

·
Registered
572 Posts
That is AMAZING! How many drivers must they have to do the loading and in my ignorance I thought they were loaded in containers for some reason. No wonder it takes so long to get to the dealer for goodness sake. It will take DAYS to offload all those. Incredible and almost military precision demonstrated there. Thanks for sharing. I noticed them fastening them to the floor. I guess choppy seas would necessitate they didn't move lol.

Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you have ever taken one of the supercats , it is a very similar experience . I think they unload in less than a day , as I remember seeing something about this on TV a few years back .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Although i trust the korean military precision required more than i trust the h&s riddled, unionised, contractors on this side! Gulp!

·
Registered
572 Posts
lee.nuts said:
Although i trust the korean military precision required more than i trust the h&s riddled, unionised, contractors on this side! Gulp!
Couldn't have put it better myself lol!!!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
The logistics of loading the cars in the correct order to ensure a seamless unload is mind blowing. You can see why they have the tape/film on the panels in case they touch on the high seas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Never fear! The guys n gals at Portbury have earned the no.1 position in Europe for quality car handling. I'm happy to trust them with my Mokka baby!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Do they unload them as fast or is it five cars in an hour then a coffee break?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Too true. Privately owned business so its all hard graft

·
Registered
494 Posts
Don't burn your boats

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Do they unload them as fast or is it five cars in an hour then a coffee break?
I thought they drop the ramp & take a run up at the jetty & shoot them off a row at a time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts