Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so on Friday just gone I was due to pick up my Mokka 1.7 CDTi 2wd in Carbon Flash with extras: Navi 600 and front parking sensors at 10am from Evans Halshaw.
I arrived fashionably late at 10.15am and after 2 and 3/4hrs after a few little niggles (mark on plastic of rear bumper, oil smear on headlining) at 1pm I was on my way. (4miles on the clock)
Up to 7.30pm this evening I have covered 312 miles in daylight, night and including a mixture of A,B and M roads. Up hill and down dale as we might say.
The drive I would say is surprisingly smooth. I was fully expecting it to be a little bouncy but have not found this at all. The gear change smooth and the power from the turbo more than enough to cope with the roads I have travelled on. If any of you are familiar with Garrowby Hill in East Yorkshire it coped with that no problem whatsoever.
The noise from the engine took very little time to get used to at low speeds. The STOP/START facility has worked every time and is brilliant when waiting in traffic as you obviously don't hear the engine at all. I am not bothered if it saves fuel or not to be honest.
I have not had one problem with the AFL in fact I would say this feature is nothing short of brilliant! Especially on unlit country roads where visibility is hugely improved.
I know some owners have also reported problems with the NAVI 600 and connecting an IPhone. I found this process very simple. In fact the whole system I am finding very easy to use. My only bug bear is the actual sat nav itself. My previous car was a Renault with built in TomTom which I believe to be more superior and with better functions. Safety camera alerts for example are not on the NAVI 600 (unless I have yet to find them?)
Visibility is good. Storage is good. DAB is great. CD quality good. IPod connectivity good and easy to navigate once your song list has synchronised.
Mpg has been good 54 average at the moment which will only get better

In summary I am really struggling to find a fault with the car (Everthing appears to work as it should )apart from the speed camera warnings missing from the SAT NAV.
I do hope this reassures some of you still waiting for delivery. My only tip would be to check the vehicle thoroughly when collecting from your dealer as the problems I encountered are sloppy and should not have happened.

Edited by: Baconsarni

·
Registered
246 Posts
"after a few little niggles (mark on plastic of rear bumper, oil smear on headlining) at 1pm I was on my way"

Evans Halshaw quality at its best. What a bunch of t**sers. Good to see you are enjoying your Mokka despite Evans Halshaw's best efforts!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Baconsarni

Thanks for that, sounds reassuring.
Enjoy your Mokka

·
Registered
93 Posts
I shall be taking my 1.7 CDTi Tech Line up Garrowby Hill in the summer so I'm glad to hear yours ate it!

Hopefully that means it'll be happy up Rosedale Chimney and the Rest and Be Thankful, too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
No wonder a Mokka willuse 1 litre of oil every 1,000 miles if you have to keepoiling the headlining!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sorry to be a TOTAL girl but what is and where is the headliner????

·
Registered
572 Posts
Flat Eric said:
AlyG said:
Sorry to be a TOTAL girl but what is and where is the headliner????
It's the fabricy bit that covers the roof areaon the inside.
thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
so what did they do about the mark on the rear bumper?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks Baconsarni - really good to hear such a positive report & also I'd not thought about how much time to set aside for the handover - will allow a few hours!

·
Registered
242 Posts
My handover was about 25 minutes, mainly in the dark. Havent noticed any issues yet but may do when I get to wash it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
DaveW said:
My handover was about 25 minutes, mainly in the dark. Havent noticed any issues yet but may do when I get to wash it.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Double crossed if you got from Evans Hellshaw!
Only joking. I am sure it will be fine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In summary I am really struggling to find a fault with the car
(Everthing appears to work as it should )apart from the speed camera
warnings missing from the SAT NAV.

Hi good to hear someone has a good review on their mokka. well i have this same problem have you find a solution on this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts