Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Andy and i am the proud owner of a mokka e sri nav. I have a quick question. The central air vent only blows from the left side. Is this something left over from left hand drive cars or a fault and are they all the same?

I have only had it less than 2 weeks so still ironing out the kinks.

Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
Hello and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help with your enquiry 馃憤

Registered
The central vent is directionally adjustable. That is to say the little lever in the middle needs to be moved towards whatever or whoever you want it to blow on.
Hopefully it will make sense when you sit there and feel for it.
I can't work out why the numbers for temp stay in sync but appear to be something you could set differently for each side.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how to adjust it but why does only one side work. That is to say air only comes out 9f the left hand side of the vent.

Registered
I will check mine in the morning but am I correct in the assumption you're talking about the long slit shaped vent central to the dash area rather than the more traditionally shaped ones?
I don't think the slit has anything to shut off one side or the other but will have a proper look at mine in the daylight
Will report back. Maybe you have a loose or missing air hose or something.

Registered
It turns off by pushing the direction toggle as far as it ccan go to one side.
The manual isn't very descriptive, it says -
Direct the flow of air by tilting and
swivelling the slats.
To close the vent, swivel the slats
inwards.
- the text appears to relate to both the traditional looking vent plus the long central one.
Will go have a play with the car and reply again.

Registered
OK, mine works in the same way.
I guess they designed it with a view to blowing on the driver on the left hand drive version. One has to direct the vent much further towards the right to get anything out of it and with the directional vanes pointing straight towards the rear of the car it does seem to come out of the left side of the vent but not the right.
In fact when moving it all the way to the right where it's supposed to shut the vent off there is still an appreciable amount of cold air coming past so mine isn't working as per the manual.
That said you'd be more likely to turn the fan down or temp up before you muck about with the vents as you will likely be mindful of battery range.
I had never noticed it as I always have the maximum screen demisting button pressed seeing as most of my journeys are very short. .
I would have to convince myself that cold air blowing directly onto you is not a good thing health-wise so you blow it all over the rest of the car and get cooled indirectly which is much healthier. Otherwise I would be feeling somewhat robbed.

Unfortunately during our summer the dealership had my car for 9 weeks to do a 2 hour job, I have now fallen out with them and Vauxhall customer services who are all just as useless as each other.
Had I still been on talking terms I would have complained about the vent but you only ever get fobbed off with lame excuses anyway.

Anyway, the good news is that you don't have a fault, all new Mokka models in RHD are constructed with the same lack of thought.

Registered
Anyway, the good news is that you don't have a fault, all new Mokka models in RHD are constructed with the same lack of thought.
Not just the Mokkas, with some Renaults, to change the cabin air filter, you have to remove the clutch pedal and other bits under the dash.

Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
Can we assume the Peugeot version has the same design?

Registered
I only had the briefest of test drives in the few cars I was considering.
I didn't play with any vents or fans. My time was spent adjusting the seats and seeing how the car performed.
I wish I had spent a bit more time but everyone was bricking it and running around with the latest "DSA" can't be useful excuse, Covid.
The joke was a lot if the sales people were even saying you could buy the car from them but wouldn't even allow you to see one in the flesh, late alone drive the bugger.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess they designed it with a view to blowing on the driver on the left hand drive version. One has to direct the vent much further towards the right to get anything out of it and with the directional vanes pointing straight towards the rear of the car it does seem to come out of the left side of the vent but not the right.
In fact when moving it all the way to the right where it's supposed to shut the vent off there is still an appreciable amount of cold air coming past so mine isn't working as per the manual.
That said you'd be more likely to turn the fan down or temp up before you muck about with the vents as you will likely be mindful of battery range.
I had never noticed it as I always have the maximum screen demisting button pressed seeing as most of my journeys are very short. .
I would have to convince myself that cold air blowing directly onto you is not a good thing health-wise so you blow it all over the rest of the car and get cooled indirectly which is much healthier. Otherwise I would be feeling somewhat robbed.

Unfortunately during our summer the dealership had my car for 9 weeks to do a 2 hour job, I have now fallen out with them and Vauxhall customer services who are all just as useless as each other.
Had I still been on talking terms I would have complained about the vent but you only ever get fobbed off with lame excuses anyway.

I have booked mine into the service dep but they will no doubt say its designed that way. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts