Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned 1.7cdti S.E. since 13th January had two good runs now have 800 miles on clock. Soverign silver complete with flexi fix cycle system.So far so good.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah like the size of your bike wheels.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome!

how have you found the flex fit system? - also what is your MPG like?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Chappo, the cycle carrier works very well I had two cycles on and theykept fairly firmly in place although I did add a little extra in the way of straps,the oneswith grippers on them I bought them in the 99p shop a couple of years ago when I had an MX5 with a boot rack they seem to give me the reassurance I wanted.As for the MPGwe visited my wifes dad in Hereford and then drove him over to another sister in Essex On watching the conputer it returned some 59/ 61 mpg i calculated on top ups to to achieving roughly 60 to the gallon, this equates with what I achieved with my Insignia cdti three years ago on a good run to Scotland,so it does look as the Mokka will return good mpg on a run. The stop start was strange at first but got used to it and when it hasnt operated started thinking why. all in all the mokka looks good no problems so far but my dealer is also very good on sorting things out,have been a customerover a few years now and had excellence service.I cannot see why the rack should not take a 29 inch wheel,I have a carrera ltd ed 26 with no problems. I have a little lock chamber in my extender kit any ideas where this should be fitted ?Hope the above helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you able to take a picture of the boot are where the spare wheel would go and mmaybe some dimensions. When I had my test drive it looked like you could get aspace saverin there. Could be wrong

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi I have a space saver YOU CANNOT get it into the space if you have the cycle carrier. Using the space for jack and other things I like to carry.I only intend to carry the space saver when we go long distance ie holiday Devon / Scotland dont fancy being stranded on a motor way too long waiting for a new tyre if itshould happen that way. having said that my ASTRA sri covered 10000 plus miles without a problem I amjust getting old and worrying !

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have the flexi fit as you have there seems to be less space it looks as if it should fit but when you place the space saver in the well the flooring panel will not go right down whichever way you place the wheel.It looks as though the bottom has been raised to accomodate the cycle system hence the floor being higher.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome Bassa and thanks for the mini write up on the Flex fix and the space saver. I have also ordered a flexfix and now a space saver and i am going to look at installing a false floor or part of one toaccommodatethe space saver and tools

Andy

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Bassa. How are your lights at night? Do you get flashed by oncoming cars? Do the AFLs bounce around?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Fatman said:
Welcome Bassa and thanks for the mini write up on the Flex fix and the space saver. I have also ordered a flexfix and now a space saver and i am going to look at installing a false floor or part of one to accommodate the space saver and tools 

Andy 
Should you ever ACTUALLY take delivery of a car hey Fatman!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
AlyG said:
Fatman said:
Welcome Bassa and thanks for the mini write up on the Flex fix and the space saver. I have also ordered a flexfix and now a space saver and i am going to look at installing a false floor or part of one to accommodate the space saver and tools 

Andy 
Should you ever ACTUALLY take delivery of a car hey Fatman!!!
He didn't specify where he was installing a false floor

·
Registered
572 Posts
Good point well made!!!! I can think of a fee Vauxhall employees I'd happily hide in his false bottom to test it out

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Chokkamokka, When returning from a trip I thought the lights were a bit high,I have since had them checked, the service manager explained there is a max /min setting on assembly and has found the AFLvehicles to be set to high, as the non AFL cars have vairiable control, so they have set mine to just below midway on a machine (MOT check)they are fine.As i have not yet had the need to be out in the dark lately I cannot say whether or not they are better. brilliant xenons though much better than my other cars have had for brightness.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Fatman, Let me know how you sort a false floor I could be interested in doing the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts