Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I should have joined the forum yonks ago. I ordered my Mokka back in November during the free fuel weekend.of. My journey to this point has been a troubled one...

I expressed my interest in the Mokka to my salesman from Picador in Chandler's Ford (great guys, brought from them before and previous to that, for J Davy in Basingstoke), 10 minutes to closing time he had me inside their first test car (the moment it landed), by 9:00 the following morning I was behind the wheel - fell in love all over again.

I waited until Mid February to see what wait time I had left and was informed of date in March, a little disappointed.
My troubles began when, as you do, you scan the net for info. I happened to stumble across a couple of articles suggesting that the Mokka might get one of the new GM engines, needed to find out when, struggled to get answers, might have waited for a 1.6T

http://www.autoweb.co.uk/car-article/vauxhall-mokka-astra-vxr-to-benefit-from-engine-revamp/5057
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9086818/New-models-and-engines-for-Vauxhall.html

When I then heard my delivery date was the 3rd of May, I began to have doubts..
Will the Mokka get new engines a few months after I get mine ? - I'd be very disappointed to miss out on 197ps.
Will I miss the power of my Astra Twintop 2.0Turbo (200ps) ?

I started to look at something altogether different, the Mercedes A Class, thinking this is just too long a wait with no real explanation.
I went back to the salesman and spoke with him, he totally understood then I sat in a Mokka in the showroom.
It wihispered to me "the A Class is not the car you are looking for, just wait a little longer"

And so her I am, just waiting it out, now expected May 17th...

Ordered :
Mokka SE 1.4 Turbo 4x4 Boracay Blue
Nav 600
Front and rear cameras

Considering :
Black Irmscher running boards
20 inch wheels
VXR styling pack (have fitting guide drawings, but not seen real photos in the flesh)

Look forward to talking to you more soon
Andy (NOT a Star Wars geek or anything like that, no offence to fans)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi andy welcome.

I would be interested in seeing the drawings of the vxr styling kit.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Sorry, best can do with an iPad as I have not located the power cable for old scanner. Hope I've done this right and that you can see something. As I say, these are not in the flesh images, just from some fitting guide.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Jedimokka,
Hang on in there and avoid buying the A class, had one of those many moons ago and initially liked it until things started to go wrong. An expense I no longer miss, Fact!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts