Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Iv'e just ordered the Mokka 1.7 CDTI SE automatic, in boracay blue with a flex fix bike carrier system. still waiting for a customer number so i can see what stage the build is. iv'e been told it's going to be here for March 13.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome to the mad house stoney. The blue looks really nice. Did you take the diesel out for a test drive? If so what did you think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered the 1.7 diesel exclusive in Boracay Blue yesterday because thats the only interior that doesn't come in blue???, I would have preferred white. Delivery quoted beginning of febuary sometime. I have driven the diesel, it goes very well. Pretty quiet at low revs but put your foot down a bit and it does get a bit noisy. The Mokka also handles very well in my opinion though I am no expert.

I am driving a 2.0l golf GT diesel at 140bhp. The Mokka is not much slower than that and more confortable to drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diet coke Bloke, we had a test drive in a 1.7 CDTI SE Manual, its hard to say what we thought about it as we have never had a diesel before. iv'e read a few reports about the diesels being noisey,it didnt sound any more noisy than the Meriva petrol we have now.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks to the pair of you for your impressions of the diesel, it does seem that everyone's first impressions of the diesel really aren't turning up the issues the journos were seeing. Mokka - more comfortable than a Golf!
Glad the test drive went so well you went and ordered. I hope they make it onto a quick boat from Korea.

Redbul50 - I believe the plain navy blue also is the other that doesn't have the blue/brown insides. The interior options of the Mokka don't make a lot of sense as with the leather too I would have thought the brown would have matched up quite nicely with the blues and the red and not at all well with the gray and silver.

Stoney - get used to seeking the disposable gloves at petrol stations, diesel doesn't have the same nice smell as petrol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I too am reassured by the "real" reports regarding the noise, or rather lack of, concerning the diesel. My main concern now is the fact that the 1.7 is to be replaced by an up to date 1.6 diesel in 2014. This is going to hit the resale value of the current cars.

Extract from:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/vauxhall/9597027/Vauxhall-Mokka-review.html

The diesel will be the bestseller, with its 221lb ft of torque providing useful accelerative punch (0-62mph takes 10.4sec), although it makes an awful lot of noise in the process. GM's new 1.6-litre diesel, due in 2014, can't come soon enough.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site

If someone is looking for a three year old Mokka then only the current 1.7 engines will be on the second hand market until 2017 I would have thought? Which gives a good four / five years before resale values would be reduced... by which point the cars will have lost the majority of their value and anything else will be a smaller amount. (I hope!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe that as of last week, you can now order any colour with the black interior instead of blue. If you have only just ordered, you should be able to change the colour if you need to. They don't go into production straight away.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My dealer did mention something about new colourchanges already coming through. I wasnt completely sure on the brown/blue mix for resale but Im sure it would have been fine for me. As I've ordered the SE Ive got the darker interion option any way.
They have obviously had a few comments on the colour scheme which must have put a few people off with some of more popular exterior paint colours and interior combinations.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can confirm this as i have just changed the exterior colour from royal blue back to summit white, originally summit was only availiable with a blue dash.

Tech line 1.7 awd cdti in summit white with rear view camera , £18300 otr. (first year is 0 road tax as they have released new co2 figs of 129 )

Quite pleased with that , so thanks for the info Cormos

Delivery quoted is mid march , also have been told that 62 reg will be availiable for anyone of a superstitious nature next march
Edited by: nikkko

·
Registered
39 Posts
As a footnote to the above , i had ordered the 1.4t awd , but when i was on the phone to the dealer regarding the colour change he informed me that the 1.7cdti would only cost me £700 more, less the first years tax , how he came to this figure i don't know and i didn't ask as i reckon its an extra saving of around £400 so i plumped for the diesel

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
nikkko said:
As a footnote to the above , i had ordered the 1.4t awd , but when i was on the phone to the dealer regarding the colour change he informed me that the 1.7cdti would only cost me £700 more, less the first years tax , how he came to this figure i don't know and i didn't ask as i reckon its an extra saving of around £400 so i plumped for the diesel
Tractor power!

Still the 4WD?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just got phone call from my dealer,the date for the arrival has changed from 14th Feb to 24th April, oh well

·
Registered
494 Posts
Bl00dy hell. How can you be so chilled about it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No they didn't give me any idea why, i just got a quick call to say it had been put back. I am having extras fitted so presume its because its a full new build.

·
Registered
313 Posts
welcome to the nut house :)
I thought I would be pretty rare with a blue order as the world seems to of gone 50 shades of grey mad and is pretty much the only colour of car you see on the roads these days lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts