Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can help our Mokka is waiting for a steering column assembly we picked the car up on the 8th of February and only had the use of it for 2 days.

VCS are now saying that the part will not be with the dealer until next Tuesday and then they still have to fit the part.

The dealer are saying that vauxhall are responsible for any compensation and vauxhall say our contract is with the dealer.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have any ideas what we should be asking for?

Any help much appreciated

Stewart 1.7 cdti exclusiv

·
Registered
374 Posts
Contract is with who you pay your money to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Vauxhall adamant in terms of refund / replacement our contract is with peter vardy finance company will not get involved at all

Stewart

·
Registered
374 Posts
You might want to try getting an appointment with the dealer principle to explain your concerns. Armed with info Fatman suggested. Edited by: tetchmeister

·
Registered
374 Posts
You will likely also have rights with finance company since they technically own the car until you have paid in full.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Have had a call from the managing partner at the dealership he is saying he has passed the details to vauxhall regarding compensation appears to be ducking the issue.

Honestly I hope none of you have to suffer this it has taken up an enormous amount of time and wife is mrs angry!

would be a pity to have to go down the trading standards route
more time spent when they should be making some sort of effort to keep us happy.

Stewart

·
Registered
421 Posts
What happened to the steering to warrant a newassembly? At this rate I'll have a book as big as a Haynes Manual, full of stuff to check!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Do you have any legal assistance insurance policy. You could check with them.
A friend of mine had a policy through his work and he went through the courts against Kia motor company due to a problem with his 4x4. He eventually won but it did take him couple of years. Hope your problem doesn't take that long to resolve. Edited by: Mokkadna

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

Thanks for your input the power steering failed see post in engine and drivetrain.

dont think I have legal insurance

Stewart

·
Registered
421 Posts
That's bad.Original TopicDo you not have a reward banking account or similar Barclay card? They usually have legal protection, A.A., holiday insurance etc etc. . . I think both the dealer AND Vauxhall are lacking/losing credit here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had the ame with VCS.

I lost my new Astra for the best part of 3 weeks duw to a shoddy paint job requiring a resparay and faulty towing electrics which needed replacing and rewiring.

I complained to VCS, not asking for any sort of compensation but I go this exact reply. 'what do you want us to do about it?' After that reply, I thought about it and asked about some for of compensation due to loosing my car and also paying nearly £300 a month finance. They told me my case was with my dealer. I lost the plot here and told them that the dealers didnt f'in build it, do a bad paint job and fit the towing electrics, Vauxhall did.

I gave up in the end, sold the car and bought a Mokka!

·
Registered
584 Posts
The principle is that the dealer has responsibility under the Sales of Goods Act and it's a matter for him to seek compensation from Vauxhalls to cover the costs. Stick with it and put him on the spot, you could always contact Jeremy Clarkson!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sure you have read up on rejecting cars but this is simple guide:

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/your-new-car-rights#

Trom

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Stewart - sorry to hear about your troubles - hope it gets resolved soon,mate. I currently have a 59 plate Insignia SRI that I am trading in against the Mokka (hurry up April). I had some issues with something on the steering for about 2 years on the Insignia & 'boy' what a fiasco to get work done under warranty - sorry to say! They had it back FOUR times to finally get it corrected. Basically, there was a weird rubbing noise when on full lock..... 1st-they said 'can't find anything wrong-well, it's not doing it now'. But within 2 days - the noise was back-think they just 'greased something'. 2nd - they then said it was one of the wheel pumps on power steering - decided to change it. NOISE CAME BACK - IN IT WENT AGAIN! 'We think it must be the suspension arm but we'll have to fit the pair cos its got the lowered & uprated sports suspension & they are calibrated as a pair. NOISE CAME BACK - IN IT WENT AGAIN! They decided that the whole steering rack needed changing- which they did & 'Hey Presto' it been as good as gold! The basic problem that I came across with 'repair under warranty' was that the dealer has to apply to Vauxhall for re-imbursement for parts & labour time & until that is all agreed, no work will take place.This can sometimes take a long time, just for the OKAY......then order the parts...... then book you in sometime.......etc.See if they can get you them to give you a hire car mate! AND DON'T TAKE ANY S*?T FROM THEM. Good luck fella.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I would go along the lines of the Sale of Goods Act.

Your car is NOT fit for purpose under the Act. You are entitled to reject the car.

They wont like it but you csn threaten them with it.

I have used it many times when Ive bought something and its not up to Scratch.

Everything is on the DirectGov website. Hints and Tips.

Be persistent though and do not let them fob you off.

·
Registered
584 Posts
the principle for rejecting your car is to give them a reasonable chance to correct it - say 6 weeks and if it not sorted then hand the keys back and demand your money back. I assure you this works, I did it, its a bit drastic but you remain in control, at least you could buy a stock Mokka elsewhere!

·
Registered
313 Posts
The biggest problem you are facing is probably quite a daft but simple one.
As it's a new build car, they simply do not expect mechanical parts to be required this early in product life thus long wait for parts delivery, it's a nightmare everytime a new model comes out, first off someone smashes one so you have the bodyshops after panels, which ofcourse would be in south korea.... So it's a long boat, then you have mechanical oddities which suffer the same delays, but probably rarer.

Sorry to say your just going to have to wait it out :( Lack of good aftersales never helps though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
don't be fobbed off by the dealer or Vauxhall.

quote the sale of goods act - I did the exact same to reject a second hand car. The dealer wont like it, but its tough on them.

keep all correspondence, keep a diary of the dates and times you have contacted the dealer and Vauxhall.

If you want to reject the car, you need to be seen to give them a reasonable chance to correct the issue.

I would write to the dealer stating that if the car is not fixed by a certain date (say an extra week from when the part has arrived) - then you will be rejecting the car under the sale of goods act. Send this by recorded delivery, and keep the proof of posting.

Also did you use a credit card to pay for any part of the car? - this also gives you protection.

lastly if you want compensation, make sure it is reasonable ie things like telephone calls / letters / car hire for whilst your car has been unavailable.

if you need an example of what to write in a letter - let me know.

regards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts