Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Mokka X 1.4 automatic four days ago after a lot of deliberation.
We’d been running a 2017 Astra K as daily transport and much as I liked it, the other half wanted a SUV.
We both like automatics but I’m not a fan of VAG’s DCT. The Astra’s 6 speed auto had been an improvement on our previous H model and it performed better than our Audi’s 7 speed DCT (occasionally had a mind of its own and produced some really hard shifts!)
The test drive showed the box to be really slick although the petrol engine lacked the diesels excellent torque. And I miss the diesels Sport button.
The ride and handling are good. It corners nicely and stops well. Compared to the Kia Sportage 2.0 CDTi we had from new in 2016, it’s significantly better.
Fuel economy could be a problem as I enjoy pressing on and my wife wears lead boots. On the other hand, we won’t have any more DPF regen’s to deal with.
I‘ve been looking at spare wheel options and I’m glad I’ve not rushed to buy a space-saver having discovered just how small they are! Having had over thirteen punctures in the past five years, a spare is an absolute necessity.
I’ve also ordered a set of winter tyres on rims as they make winter driving so much safer.
We had our old H model Astra for nine years so, fingers crossed, this car will give us the same reliable service.

·
Super Moderator
9,506 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts