1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Well as one of the topics here says..... I should
really introduce myself

I'm Andrew, and I ordered my mokka august time.
There was not much information about but Vauxhall being Vauxhall it was a
gamble I was prepared to take. My mam has a Vauxhall, corsa, and I've driven
that a few times and like how it handles.

I'm stepping up for a Clio, now don't get me wrong
I love Jean (my name for the Clio) but in the area I live in (hilly and awful
when there is rain or snow) and also hoping to start a family this year the Clio
isn't able to handle it.

I had a test drive of the mokka around about October/November
time and I was impressed. I'm going for the 1.4 4x4 exclusive version.

After the test drive then that was it, the waiting
game began.

I had a call from the garage last Thursday to say
they were expecting it in the following day (Friday) or Monday (New Year's Eve)
at the latest.... sadly that didn't happen. They asked me to phone up for the Vauxhall
5 day insurance to allow them to tax it as the DVLA were going on strike. The
free insurance expires today.

I had a courtesy call from the garage on Monday to
'touch base' I explained at the frustration of being hyped up that it would be
coming but sadly it isn't, also I am paying for tax when I don't even have the
car. I also said that the insurance expires tomorrow (today) and I did previously
mention to him I wanted the 5 days free insurance to allow me time to shop
around for the best deal, I may not necessarily stay with the same insurance I
have now. To which I was told well the insurance is for you to sort out for
when you leave the garage you could also try and phone up and see if they can
do the 5 days again. On a positive note he did say those oh so famous words
"I'll have a word with my manager to see if we can give you a full tank so
to compensate you"

I did ask what the next step was; he said it should
be here on Wednesday (tomorrow) if not they will phone the transportation
company.

So here's hoping for a tomorrow delivery, and may
the mokka bring joy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Why do I get the feeling that they'll forget that conversation about a free tank or they wont be there when you pick it up.

Can you not start shopping around now to get the insurance?

Anyway welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your new Mokka - some of us still have a wait ahead of us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DietCokeBloke.
i have, butit's the principle that goes with it.

They are quick to offer you a tea or coffee when taking your deposit and signing the forms. but when it comes to being offered something proactive it changes

Rather than being able to go collect it straight away, i'll having to phone up and cancel my insurrance aswell as having to go with the new one answering loads of questions and then "let's see if we can do a deal"

i apologise for sounding negative but they advertise all these great offers and when someone comes to take it out the goal post change

How long do you have to wait? what model have you gone for?have you had the test drive?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've twice used the "free" 5 or 7 day insurance, and in neither case did I continue with them as they were not competitive. All I did was transfer my existing insurance to the new vehicle and the company then adjusted the premium up or down for that proportion of the insurance year that was remaining (down in both cases
). I then re-assess when the renewal time comes round to see if I need to change companies.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah I've used the free insurance before and only got a day out of it if that. The free insurance is really only there so they can get the tax easily enough. I generally just transfer my insurance for the year, last time it was about forty quid going from a Corsa to a Tigra. My first new car was a Corsa and I managed to get free insurance with Vauxhall for the year which was neat as I was a young driver and the next year they gave me a competitive quote and also all the no claims for years when I'd just been a driver on my parents insurance. Since then Vauxhall insurance have proved to be not competitive which is true of a lot of insurance companies as of late. You wonder how many customers these insurance companies still have.

I don't particularly like dealers who stop any kind of useful behaviour once you've signed the initial paperwork. This forum has proved there are some really nice dealers out there thankfully. With the bad ones however you have to play hardball with them.

Got another 3-4 months yet, went for an extended drive at FastForward and have ordered what's in the signature below....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts