Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just placed my order for the1.7 CDTi Exclusiv 5dr in Borocay Blue with the Jet Black Line Drive Interior!!!

Glad to find there is a place like this to share our excitement and general thoughts on this fantastic new car.

Should hopefully be taking delivery of mine in mid Jan and have been told by the lease company it is already on its way over here!!!

Went to see and drive one on the weekend although they only had the petrol version there in a different colour (Soverign Silver with the unusual blue and brown interior), im sure the drive will be just as good. The noise of course will be much different im sure.

I have had modern diesels before and the noise never bothered me as i was more focused on the radioso i am sure this be the same story.

I've looked at a few other similar cars in the same class but none of them come close to the looks of the Mokka (or the price for the spec) and the colour was the cherry on the cake for me!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

I have a 2007Astra Twin-Top at the moment and have always loved the styling and the front of the Mokka has taken some of its cue's from that it would seem although i was a bit upset when i was also shown the new convertible coupe Vauxhall will be bringing out next year as it is AMAZING!!!! but having 2 fast growing kids that i need to get in it a coupe is not really the way forward. Only got myself to blame for thet one!!

Anyway, glad to join the fray and look forward to speaking and hearing from you all.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Glassy and welcome,
Must be one of the many 1.7cdti's that many on here are waiting for on 11th January, after 45 days on the boat.
If your leasing did they not offer you the Tech Line at a better rate?
29 days to go.....

Edited by: Blum

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Blum,
Thank you. 29 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was offered the Tech Line but the lead time was much longer(im a very impatient bugger!!!) and as i have a very good portable satnav and the Exclusiv is a lower% for the P11D im happyenough.

Would have LOVED the SE but beggars can't be choosers!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi DCB and LS,

I actually went to Berlin about 5 months ago on a market reasearch and saw what they are now calling the Cascada which they are also saying is base on an Insignia (rear styling only in my opinion) so it is supposed to be larger!!

Well what i saw in the flesh wasntmuch bigger than my twin-top certianly not on the inside anywayand WHY have they put a rag-top on it i will never know!!!!!

I even told them that i wouldnt by another convertible unless it had a metal roof but they obviously didnt listen to me!!

Oh well i guess the money i got for doing the group will be still be going back toVauxhall anyway!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The Cascada is the new Astra convertible, it's not been billed as an Insignia - what I think they meant is that the interior styling has been taken from the the Insignia (like most new Vauxhalls that followed it - Astra and the Mokka) and improved it to make it more luxurious. The Nappa leather certainly looks the business. The soft roof is a disappointment but there were issues with the early TwinTop roofs and not many dealerships could work on them. My Tigra's hard top is certainly welcome but the style lately is for the soft roofs again if only to cut down on the cost plus you don't have to be stationary to use it. Edited by: DietCokeBloke

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just think its another fashiion trent to go back to a soft-top but from a practical poit of view why wouldnt you want a metal folding roof when it is better on so many levels. I would certianly pay a bit more for it knowing it is safer from damage, cheeper on insurance, less noise and i actually think it looks better.

The Cascada does look fabulous with the top down and that rear end is phenomenal!!

Maybe in about 15 years when the kids have grown up!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Glassy, ive ordered the 1.7cdti Exclusive too and can't wait for its arrival on 11th.
My Vauxhall tracker's still stuck on stage 2 but hopefully there aren't any delays.....29days and counting!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Kirby,

From what i have read on here I seem to be very lucky as i only ordered mine on Monday!!! Cant wait to get though!!!!! Cant stop doing research on it and thinking about getting 20" wheels and other upgrades but im not sure what the lease company would think about that.

The last NEW car i had was about 15 years ago and that was a 106 Rallye that i maxed out with upgrades!!!!

I need to keep telling myself im now 37 with 2 young kids!!!!!!!!!

I keep seeing mention of a tracker where can you see it and what does Stage 2 mean?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Glassy,
If you speak to your Mokka dealer, they will provide you with an order/tracker number. Then access the 'my vauxhall tracker' website and enter your tracker number which will bring up your very own tracker page with 4 stages 1-4, order placed to available for collection from dealer.
Good luck cos i'm hooked on checking it on a daily basis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glassy,

You certainly are lucky with such a short wait... ordered mine on 18 September... initial delivery date quoted was 21 January but last month that was put back to 11 March!

I am patiently waiting for my Techline 1.7 CDTi with rear camera in Carbon Flash.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Nikt,
Wow!!! Dont know if i could wait that long for anything!!!! From some of the other posts i have read and what i know from the one i have seen i am sure it will be worth the wait though!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just as well Xmas is in the middle as i will be so busy that those 2 weeks will fly by!!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ordered mine on the first day of the free fuell weekend. Dealer has contacted me today to say they have been informed by Vauxhall to say that they have a delivery date of 23rd march, which is three weeks after the date I was hoping to get (1st march). I just hope that the date gets brought forward and is not put back.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There certianly seems to be pleanty on there way over here so you may be lucky!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts