Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello.

Just ordered my Mokka 1.7 CDTi Tech Line in Sovereign Silver (with detachable towbar).

Taken at stab on it's towing credentials but as I only tow a camping traileri'm sure it will be up to the job.

I've been told delivery to the dealer will be 31st January - this is a lease car and fits in well as my current lease car (Nissan Juke) goes back on 1st February so hope the date doesn't slip.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Plot241

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi, and welcome.
Be interesting to see our views following on from a Juke.
The Mokka gets compared with a Juke/Qashqai so we await our review.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Mokka forum!

I would think the Mokka will be more than up to pulling your camping trailer, especially in the 1.7 Diesel.

How did you find the Juke then?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Sorry for not responding sooner - been away for the last couple of weeks and not had a chance.

The Juke has been a good solid car, I have the 1.6 Petrol Acenta 117bhp and it has never missed a beat.

The downside however is that I do a lot of motorway miles travelling 90 miles on the dreaded M25 everyday to and from work, and this isn't really a motorway car. It really needs a sixth/cruising gear for motorway speeds because you have to have the revs at 3,750 for 70 mph and at those revs the engine noise can be a little intrusive.

Load space isn't the best, but you do get a useful under boot compartment where the spare wheel would have been (if it had one).

Rear access is also a little tight as the rear doors are small and only open to 3/4 of the way so if your a big fella getting in and out of the rear can be tight.

I have done just over 30,000 miles in the car in a 21 months and as I have said it has never let me down, so it is a reliable car - and for around town would be perfect.

The Juke is also a leased car - I originally went for it because of the looks, it's one of those you either love it or hate it scenarios. Also it was pretty unique at the time very very few on the roads, now every other car seems to be a Juke.

Anyway the lease is up in January, so decided to go for something similar, and also anew model again. Be interesting to see how the Mokka compares as the Juke is supposed to be one of the cars main rivals.

Gary (Plot241)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts