Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is taking my car about 20 mins to heat up and even then its not blowing very hot air.I'm going back to the dealer with it next week
Just wondering if anyony else had experienced this problem?

1.7 cdti Exclusiv Summit White OTR 18/01/2013

Edited by: Hamish

·
Registered
584 Posts
There is a lot about this on the forum and its linked to the way the Eletrical thermostat operates and controlling emissions, in order words that's how it is!

·
Registered
584 Posts
jcol

Mokka Senior

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 8:12am
I have just spoken to the Service dept of my local dealer and he says that the Mokka system only sends a signal to the guage when the temperature is up to full working temp, now assuming thats true that's a strange departure from the norm. But it seems to make sense since the heater works ok, and if you watch the guage it suddenly climbs to normal position.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I'll need my fleecy thermals until this cold spell is over

·
Registered
66 Posts
When does the cold spell end in Kilmarnock?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the same problem with my insignia the colder it is the longer it takes so i wasent surprised that it was the same for the mokka

·
Registered
258 Posts
No problem if you have the S.E. heated seats and steering wheel are fantastic, new about this from my Insignia especially with leather seats you need a warming in certain areas.Seriously the Insignia was the same and my friends Zaffira Tourer isalso slow to heat up I was told the samewith the Insignia the electrical thermostat is in control but these can be slow to react in warmer weather you wont even notice it you willl be turning on the climate control and not care about it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Jcol, you've got that wrong. 5th of July is a Friday and Summer was ona Friday last year,It's never on the same day two years in a row!!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont stand for too long its bloody freezing mate!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased my Mokka in February. The heating system is a little disappointing. Slow toget to target level. perhaps I am spoilt as previouly I had aSaab 93 which had a superb system

·
Registered
584 Posts
There is a lot about this on the forum

·
Registered
264 Posts
Vx are bad to get going when the weather is cold had same problem in my siggy 2L diesel

·
Registered
434 Posts
The light on the heating switch blue/red I would presume as soon as you go onto red it gets warm,mine doesn't,only starts heating up when you turn to 26c can anyone else in a 1.6 check theirs please ta

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Buick Encore has a 1.4 turbo 4 cyl gas engine, and it take a long time to heat up if it is cold outside. It is very frustrating. Even if I start it and let it run a while, doesn't seem to make much difference. It heats up faster if it is running at highway speed. Even then I noticed it goes 3 miles before the needle even starts to move off of cold.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a 1.7 colddiesel turbo and I think that takes even longer. The winter here has not been bad this year so not too much of a problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My diesel seems to take ages, so use the heated seats and steering wheel much more than expected.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As you will see from other threads I changed my car.
The heater in my new car (63 plate) heatsup in about 2 mins of engine running, totally different to my 62 plate, this would suggest to me that they have either put a mod in or there is a problem with some heaters which they are not admitting to.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts