Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Vauxhall Mokka and have noticed that a rear panel above the rear bumper has an unusual gap, I noticed there is a dent in the panel but it just doesn’t look right, the panel gap is misaligned. Does it look like his car has been in an accident? Thanks

·
Registered
723 Posts
Something certainly looks amiss there, in fit and colour, the fact that it looks a different
colour along the join, would make me suspicious of it being sprayed, at some point,
i would have thought all of it would be body colour, on the join when painted at the factory

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something certainly looks amiss there, in fit and colour, the fact that it looks a different
colour along the join, would make me suspicious of it being sprayed, at some point,
i would have thought all of it would be body colour, on the join when painted at the factory
Hi thanks for your reply, yeah I’ve became suspicious, my main concern is the fit, I’m wondering why it doesn’t fit properly. The join is the same colour as the paint but I think it looks white in the pictures as my camera flash was on.

would you suspect my car has been in an accident? If I was to take my car to a body shop would I be able to get this fixed? Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Take it to a body shop and they will give you a professional opinion -- if there's a problem go back to where you bought it and tell them your not happy with what you have seen in the cold light of day -- your photo is not good quality enough to pass judgement - was the mokka purchased from a main dealer or a independent ? or if it was purchased private that would be a problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take it to a body shop and they will give you a professional opinion -- if there's a problem go back to where you bought it and tell them your not happy with what you have seen in the cold light of day -- your photo is not good quality enough to pass judgement - was the mokka purchased from a main dealer or a independent ? or if it was purchased private that would be a problem
hi, thanks for your reply. It was bought from independent dealer. thank you

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi thanks for your reply, yeah I’ve became suspicious, my main concern is the fit, I’m wondering why it doesn’t fit properly. The join is the same colour as the paint but I think it looks white in the pictures as my camera flash was on.

would you suspect my car has been in an accident? If I was to take my car to a body shop would I be able to get this fixed? Thank you for your help
You wouldnt know if it was an accident or whatever but, the same panel on mine is totally flush & inline.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You wouldnt know if it was an accident or whatever but, the same panel on mine is totally flush & inline.
Hi, I noticed there has been some touch up paint added to this panel where there was probably scratches and have also noticed a dent in this panel. could this mean this panel has suffered a knock meaning it’s moved it out of place? Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's a plastic panel and just pushes in with a bit effort you can push that back in. Its physical attached with clips and screws at the bumper join but the top join is just a push fit. That's not to say what has caused it to pop out?

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
It certainly doesn't look seated correctly, is the other side the same?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It certainly doesn't look seated correctly, is the other side the same?
no the other side doesn’t look the same, the other side looks normal. Ive noticed a dent in this panel so I’m thinking it may have had a knock which has caused it to become uneven. If I wanted to get this repaired and the panel replaced how much would I be looking at this coming to, just a guess would be great.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hard to say how much a repair would cost -- would be better to consult a body shop for a quote
Thanks for your reply! ok, I’ll try to find one, if the bumper needs to be taken off do you think I’m looking at the £1000 mark? Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It would be easier to tell if you reshot the picture in daylight the flash /shadowing doesn't really help, step back a few paces too so we can see a little more of the car.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
No were near a grand - like I said get a body shop quote its free and then at least you will know and put your mind at rest

·
Registered
61 Posts
It looks like it's been a case of the bumper has been off for some work , and when it's been put back on its got wrong side of the alignment bracket , I had the same problem with my front one when I had a new parking sensor fitted get the garage to check and refit , realign

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like it's been a case of the bumper has been off for some work , and when it's been put back on its got wrong side of the alignment bracket , I had the same problem with my front one when I had a new parking sensor fitted get the garage to check and refit , realign
how much do you think this would cost to get it refitted and realigned. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
61 Posts
Depending on how long you have had the mokka , if it hasn't been that long go back to the garage/dealer you got it from , it's a ten minute job , they should do it under the warranty they will have given you , hope this helps ?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
how much do you think this would cost to get it refitted and realigned. Thanks for your help
For the sake of sanity you've been advised several times to consult a body shop regarding price of repair -- how on earth can anyone on here give a price to make it good -- if you get a bodyshop quote at least you will have some ammunition to take up the issue with the company that you bought the mokka off

1 - 20 of 22 Posts