Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am genuinely curious to know if anyone who has ordered a Mokka since November AND HAS GONE FOR A FACTORY BUILD has actually had any of the "estimated" dates met?
Please ONLY reply if you have been through the factory build process - cars ordered from existing stock do not count.

I am TOTALLY disillusioned and fed up with the lies we are all being told and the constant set back of dates and the fob off "they are only estimates".

Had I been told truthfully when I ordered this car in December that it would be MAY at the very earliest (and with every passing day looking increasingly unlikely) before I had it I wouldn't be quite so angry

But to have been consistently over-promised and under-delivered I am fast reaching the end of my tether.

I would like to look factually at people on here who've had Mokkas they ordered or are in the process themselves reply saying how many times they have been told something that has subsequently changed.

I'll start:

Ordered 7 December Received first tick on 24 January with a build slot of 1 March. Now on 8 March and car still unbuilt with absolutely NO update or further information available from VCS. I am in total LIMBO....

How's about you?????

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think the tracker is worth looking at to start with, I ordered 16 Nov and got build slot tick 1 on 14 Dec, tick 2 came about 14 Feb with estimated delivery 19 Apr. when at dealers on 16 Nov was told car may be ready mid Dec or latest mid Jan, rang at end of Jan and was told there is 4-6 week delay which goes to early march, tracker has then given me 5 Apr and then 19 Apr, the car could arrive earlier depending on getting to dealer and final checks, dealer is still telling me week 14 which is 5 April so who knows, at the moment I've lost interest and only by coming to these forums helps the wait along, it just looks like no one dares tell you the truth, same old salesman pitch.
We will all get there and enjoy the car but Vauxhall hasn't made the new car experience enjoyable, missing the march new reg seems ridiculous from a November order, at least the AFLs should be sorted by then and all the other niggles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi

It seems you only get the 2nd tick once the car is actually loaded onto a ship,

Mine was ordered 17thNov with a buiid date of 24th Jan, did not get the tick untill the Fidelio ship had left Korea on the 19th Feb. Delivery date now 19th April. On the 19th Feb it seems a lot of peole got thier 2nd ticks on the tracker I would guess all those cars are on the same ship.

I have checked with my dealer, the on site tracker bares no resembleance of where the car is in the build/ delivery stage.
Edited by: binzer

·
Registered
240 Posts
SNAP - same as Wilf. Ordered 'FREE FUEL PROMO WEEKEND' mid-November (delivery AT MOMENT 19 April). Originally told late December but poss January.
Sounded okay, ordered, left the
with a £500 deposit! He got my order & 'that's where the story starts'! Personally I think all the dealerships have been very well coached in the 'fending off' complaints etc & as I have written in a previous post 'Vauxhall & their dealerships have 'dirtied their badge' with this one AND I'M A VAUXHALL NUT (my last 6 cars have been this mark - 5 from brand new). I think it's my previous experiences with the new car feeling etc that are stopping me from 'tipping over the edge' this time. 'FORUMS ARE THE MOST POISONOUS OF SNAKE-PITS' were the words from a girl at my dealers, but as I told her, at least from here,we get a lot closer to the TRUTH!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think the tracker site is fine, so long as you don't expect it to be updated daily once you are on, it gives an indication.
It's the internet after all, 90% of information on it is bad.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I delibrately did'nt order my Mokka on the free fuel weekend as I did not want the car until March. I ordered 30/12/12 and was told delivery would be end of March early April which suited me. However, del est is 17 May and is still awaiting build.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've regarded the delivery date in the same way as the due date the midwife gives you for your baby.In the early stages its a vague estimate& extremely unlikely to be exactly right. As time goes on the midwife reads the runes & gives a slightly more accurate idea & right at the last you get a pretty good idea of the date. So I'm focused on getting the car spot on (AFLs etc sorted) and not too fussed about exactly when it pitches up - sometime in May would be good.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harper31 said:
My Mokka came 8 weeks early
A new build factory order?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chokkamokka said:
I've regarded the delivery date in the same way as the due date the midwife gives you for your baby.In the early stages its a vague estimate& extremely unlikely to be exactly right. As time goes on the midwife reads the runes & gives a slightly more accurate idea & right at the last you get a pretty good idea of the date. So I'm focused on getting the car spot on (AFLs etc sorted) and not too fussed about exactly when it pitches up - sometime in May would be good.
Em I'm sorry but this is not a good analogy. A pregnancy is 9 months (give or take a week or two) so you know it's 9 months going in. I bought acar and was told by the Salesman I would have it by March but most likey February.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not quite in the same category as I ordered mine way before November, but here goes,

I placed my order 19th Sept '12 with an estimated delivery week commencing 4th Jan. Then during the build process my order was delayed an extra week commencing 11th Jan. It arrivef at my dealer on 20th and following relevant checks I collected it on 15th Jan.....all in all not as bad a delay as most people.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Chokkamokka said:
I want a DNA & a lie detector done. I think the father of my Mokka may be one of 3 possibles & that's why the dates are a bit vague.

And until I see my baby's head appear at the entrance to Fidelio's cavernousloins I have my doubts that she is even pregnant with my little one. I think Fidelio isjust after the benefits & on hind sight I wish I had put something on the end of it.

Where's Jeremy when you need him most.

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
240 Posts
Jean-Luc.... with what you've written here.... you've got no chance with that date! If it ain't built now-May is out of it!
Chokkamokka - echo those sentiments,mate. At no point, since ordering, has the process looked like it's has sped up at all. So it'll be, when it'll be! I just hope that, in time, Vauxhall & their dealerships 'grow some nuptuals' & actually own up to some of the worst customer care I have come across in years.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zig62 said:
Jean-Luc.... with what you've written here.... you've got no chance with that date! If it ain't built now-May is out of it! 
Chokkamokka - echo those sentiments,mate. At no point, since ordering, has the process looked like it's has sped up at all. So it'll be, when it'll be! I just hope that, in time, Vauxhall & their dealerships 'grow some nuptuals' & actually own up to some of the worst customer care I have come across in years.
I totally concur on the comment regarding WORST customer care.

·
Registered
817 Posts
binzer said:
Hi

It seems you only get the 2nd tick once the car is actually loaded onto a ship,

Mine was ordered 17th Nov with a buiid date of 24th Jan, did not get the tick untill the Fidelio ship had left Korea on the 19th Feb. Delivery date now 19th April. On the 19th Feb it seems a lot of peole got thier 2nd ticks on the tracker I would guess all those cars are on the same ship.

I have checked with my dealer, the  on site tracker bares no resembleance of where the car is in the build/ delivery stage.
2 MONTHS TO SHIP FROM KOREA. youre having a laugh. i could paddle quicker.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think it does stop elsewhere on the way..... maybe to have a last hurrah before it joins you in Mokkawedded bliss.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Jean-Luc said:
I delibrately did'nt order my Mokka on the free fuel weekend as I did not want the car until March. I ordered 30/12/12 and was told delivery would be end of March early April which suited me.  However, del est is 17 May and is still awaiting build. 
I ordered on the free fuel week and told them that I wouldn't be taking it until 1st March (it's now 19th April), if I am lucky. Why didn't you order earlier and tell them the same.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We ordered on free fuel weekend and were told it should arrive in February. We said we'd prefer to take delivery on the 1st March and they said they'd hold onto it. Delivery slipped to the end of March and still shows 29th March on the tracker. Dealer says he hopes to be able to improve on that.

Our car was apparently on the Toreador which took 5 weeks to get from Korea to Bristol. Add on some time for waiting at the docks in Korea and transportation from Bristol to dealer, PDI etc. and 2 months from build to collection is about right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in Ireland and ordered my 1.7CDTi exclusive with no extras bar the spacesaver spare wheel. I was told delivery end jan beginning feb.

After badgering the dealer he eventually rang me back to say the car was shipped on 8/01 and was due for delivery 08/03. As of today............... still no Mokka.

Now, I know Ireland differs slighly the way cars are delivered. According to the dealer cars come from Korea to Antwerp (clear customs)then to Bristol and finally to Cork (Ireland).

The dealer showed me his system today and it showed eventcode 43 which when I looked this up means it is at an intermediate compound. I asked him if this was Antwerp or Bristol and he couldn't tell me.

All I want to know is where is it?????? When will it finally be delivered. The wait continues

By the way ............. keep up the good work guys. Only for the members here I would well and truly have cracked up by now waiting on the car.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts