Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a used 2016 mokka SE turbo done 40k, the car looks great and everything but I feel like it’s such a bumpy ride and every little bump seems like the whole car jerks, also sounds like everything is shaking about inside the car when I drive. is this normal for the mokka? I have looked up and seen quite a few posts regarding tyre pressures making a difference, I don’t have a clue!

·
Banned
899 Posts
Sorry to say, I had a 2017 Elite Nav with 4,000 miles like that and sold it for that reason,
Try your tyre pressures at 32 psi, that should give a more comfortable ride
[It didn't work with mine] if not have your springs checked in case one has broken,
it has happened to the odd one or two

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to say, I had a 2017 Elite Nav with 4,000 miles like that and sold it for that reason,
Try your tyre pressures at 32 psi, that should give a more comfortable ride
[It didn't work with mine] if not have your springs checked in case one has broken,
it has happened to the odd one or two
Can I reduce the tyre pressures to that even though I have two children in car seats in the back and also a pram in the boot?

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
With 3 adults in the back and a boot full of camping kit probably not, but a couple of little kids and pram ,no problem.

·
Registered
Mokka X Elite in Satin Steel Grey Metallic plus Mokka X Styling Kit.
185 Posts
I think the questions is 'What pressure do you currently have in the tyres?'
Personally if you are running with your children in the rear 35psi would be the lowest I would use.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Hard ride, that was supposed to have been designed to cope with UK roads after the original soft set up was deemed to bouncy

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have mine on ECO settings, 39 and 41, also slightly lowered stiffened springs, and I find the ride and handling still a wee bit too soft. I think you need to check your springs and struts, also check your engine mountings. I have had to replace the rear torque mount twice due to premature failure, causes the car to vibrate and knock.

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
The comfort setting is 32psi for up to 3 people, two kids in child seats and a pram is unlikely to weigh as much as an average adult, the ride in our Mokka is far too hard at eco settings and has been from new, the ride is much improved at 32psi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts