Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you,
Yesterday I took delivery of a shiny new Sovereign Silver 1.7CDTi Mokka c/w sat nav pack. Feel very lucky after seein the time some of you are having to wait for delivery. I was fortunate enough to call into my local dealer last Thursday just as two were delivered which had not been ordered for any specific client, and one was the spec I wanted. After a test drive and a bit of dealing over trade in price for my Vectra, the deal was struck. Waiting 4 days was long enough. All I can say to you all is.....IT'LL BE WORTH THE WAIT.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congratulations...

What's your impressions of your new Mokka? I'm sure the group would like to know.
Also have you got any pictures to upload?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first impression are brilliant. Read about steering problems but this has been sorted and steering and handling is very positive.......although have not been on any twisty roads yet. Vision is better than my old Vectra, apart fom rear view mirror, but I expected that. Controls for infotainment system are a bit complicated for my non computer brain but with the help of younger family members I'vee now got them sussed. Only done 40 miles.......need to get alcohol out of system......but looking forward to a wee drive tomorrow. Didnt like the idea of puncture repair system....thats something for a pushbike......and hopeless in the event of a blowout.....but managed to do a deal for spacesaver. These are the only negatives I can find and to tell you the truth I'm clutching at straws. I'll post more after I've been a decent journey.....just to make you all jealous
.......hope you dont have to wait long

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello aly
congratutlations lol, do you mind me asking about the space saver. did you get this when you struck the deal or afterwards? also do you mind me asking how much

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it as part of the overall deal. Wouldnt run a car without a spare. The repair kit can only be used for occasions when the tyre is flat....i.e. nail in the tyre,leaking rim etc, and once you use it, the tyre is knackered and cant be repaired. Dont know how you would come on if you had the flex fit bike carrier as I imagine it will take up the space for the spare wheel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Aly,

You can't have a space saver wheel if you have got the flex fix bike carrier.
@Askwilson,The space saver wheel according to the October price guide is £100.

Edited by: MrMayo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought that was the case......mind you a didnt research anything about flex fit carriers.....I suppose if you had a blow out you could bike home.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
aly said:
Thought that was the case......mind you a didnt research anything about flex fit carriers.....I suppose if you had a blow out you could bike home.
I like that.

Welcome to the forum Aly, glad you're enjoying your shiny new wheels. I've been monitoring the Mokka since last year and have at least four more months to wait, four days is nothing.

MyMayo I suspect Andrew is asking because his Mokka that's due to arrive doesn't have one. I think LoveStallion was looking into an aftersale one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I too have taken delivery of my new Mokka, on 21st December, having tried a demo model on the launch weekend in November, I have got a 1.7cdti 2wd in Carbon Flash with the Sat Nav pack. So far I have done around 300 miles and am really pleased with it. My previous car was a 2006 1.7cdti Astra, the Mokka is quieter, although not as quiet as my wife's Astra Tourer 1.7cdti, but by no means a problem.
It handles really well and so far is averaging 55mpg. I will and post some photos at some stage but it hasn't stopped raining since I picked it up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great stuff BJ. Look forward to the photos. I'll do the same tomorrow if its dry and post for all to see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts