Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm a new mokka x owner and I am a bit worried about the handbrake release button as the one I test drove in January was very stiff and in a weird place than other vehicles I have driven....any advice please

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes it is unusual, but after a few weeks it becomes completely normal, like other handbrake buttons the harder it's pulled on the harder it is to press the button, I have to be careful not to apply it too hard or my wife will struggle to release it, but it does hold well enough applied quite lightly (once the car has covered a few hundred miles), hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sue1 said:
Hello everyone, I'm a new mokka x owner and I am a bit worried about the handbrake release button as the one I test drove in January was very stiff and in a weird place than other vehicles I have driven....any advice please
A visit to the search facility will reveal loads of info including an interesting comparison from Bandit
Welcome to the forum too BTW Sue. Edited by: Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya ,I bought a Mokka this week, its 18 months old everything's fine except the handbreak is really hard to release ,my wife can't take the handbreak off at all ,the button on the top of the handbreak is really stiff and sometime I have to use two thumbs to release it....anyone else having this problem ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
My wife initially had problems with the handbrake. She was trying to press the button without putting a bit more tension on the lever first. She had obviously got used to the previous car's push button electric handbrake.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
How to release mokka handbrake --- grip handle with left hand -- pull up handle slightly to release tension on button -- press button to release handbrake -- sorted -- it's not rocket science

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Not rocket science at all, but I can understand why some have difficulty with it, when we first had the mokka if I was last to drive it, wife could not release the handbrake even pulling the lever with both hands, so I now apply it much more gently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine has broke completely , its a dogs dinner of a design...plus i dont think you just get the button......i use a rubber band wrapped around it now that holds it in place ....if anyone can help i would be very grateful....

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for your advice ....its not under warranty, but its done less than 20,000 miles ..i will contact the vcs...but i never know how to approach it..... do i grovel and hope they take pity or go in heavy handed?
...anyhow i appreciate help.

·
Super Moderator
9,156 Posts
I would say that civilityis the way forward; after all you want them onside.Keep us updated on the outcome.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Only problem I have is rembering to take it off as the antara I had before was elec . The Mokka I don't pull on too tight
And also leave in gear Edited by: Swinton

·
Registered
3 Posts
with regards to the issue of my handbrake button breaking off , did not get a lot of joy with both local dealer and vauxall customer service ( outside warranty etc .etc .) so i emailed vauxhall uk ceo ( got his email from library ) sent him a polite email expressing my concerns over what is in fact a part of the breaking system....and 2 days later a reply , not from him , but from vauxhall stating they are willing as a gesture to pay for the whole replacement of the handbrake .
so well done vauxhall cant do better than that....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts