Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh dear, that's my button snapped off as well now. As you say, it seems you need to replace the whole lever. I'm happy to do that if I can buy one but can anybody tell me how. I do have a garage manual but it seems to cover everything except the handbrake lever!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Handbrake button broken

So today has been rubbish the little silver plastic button has come off my handbrake I dont know what to do :-(

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
If it's under warranty fine, without it's going to cost!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ron Findlay

The button on top of my handbrake has come off as the front lug has broken, have been told must buy complete new handbrake can anyone help, cannot believe a replacement is not available anywhere.

Post merged

·
Registered
203 Posts
If not too fussy about the chrome finish look, a 3D printed button can be bought on ebay.
The 3D file can also be printed at home if you have a 3D printer, or sent to one of the many online 3D print services.
I have no printer myself, and can not verify if the button fits. But I have attached a 3D print file if anyone wants to have a go.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
I would follow stringer post 20 advice in this link.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yes as above, but never had any issues with mine -- what comes to mind is a article I read a few years ago relating to mokka hand brake buttons braking and it was put down to the fact that people were not releasing correctly -- they were pressing the button to release the handbrake without firstly lifting the lever slightly first to release tension on the button

21 - 34 of 34 Posts