Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune but hopefully it will be a quick turn around.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers bud, yeah new door, wheel arch trim, plastic lower side trim, new rear wheel, inner arch repair it was damaged when door pushed in --- plus anything else the body shop finds when it's stripped down -- the insurance company have been brilliant sorting things out

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Just as a side comment - when the body shop tells you it will take a week - double it! That's my experience.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
If they have all the parts at hand when it's presented, should be no problem.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Glad your ok though, maybe you should have a more conspicuous colour car since white is supposed to be the easiest to see :tsurprise:
Did they admit to being a cabbage and really sorry? Id be mortified if i made that mistake, almost happened a couple of times in the last year when a car coming out of nowhere ie prolly faster than they should be we as the point of being behind the A pillar when i had looked again. If i had pulled out faster no doubt id be in the side of them. Although the road in question is in a dip and drivers on the main road are warned to slow but ofc they dont.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The third parties wife said he was looking to the left when he pulled out and never saw me -- Monday the 21st October is when car goes in and known parts have been ordered and now with body shop

·
Registered
188 Posts
Glad your ok though, maybe you should have a more conspicuous colour car since white is supposed to be the easiest to see :tsurprise:
Did they admit to being a cabbage and really sorry? Id be mortified if i made that mistake, almost happened a couple of times in the last year when a car coming out of nowhere ie prolly faster than they should be we as the point of being behind the A pillar when i had looked again. If i had pulled out faster no doubt id be in the side of them. Although the road in question is in a dip and drivers on the main road are warned to slow but ofc they dont.
The pillars in the Mokka are massive, especially if you have wind deflectors fitted like i have. After a very near miss i now swing my head either side of it to be sure at junctions!!

OP - Glad no one was hurt and the car wasn't written off!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Bad luck! only a week ago I had a similar incident, a woman pulled out directly in front of me from a side road, I braked and swerved to the wrong side of the road, loud thud from the back, we both pulled over, as I got out she declared "no contact", I said what was the thud then, she replied "you must have hit the car coming the other way" oh so you think you pulled out in front of a car coming the other way as well? After a check though there was no damage, I was on my way to the local recycling centre and a heavy item had fallen over.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Bad luck! only a week ago I had a similar incident, a woman pulled out directly in front of me from a side road, I braked and swerved to the wrong side of the road, loud thud from the back, we both pulled over, as I got out she declared "no contact", I said what was the thud then, she replied "you must have hit the car coming the other way" oh so you think you pulled out in front of a car coming the other way as well? After a check though there was no damage, I was on my way to the local recycling centre and a heavy item had fallen over.

Strange as this happened to me this Thursday only this time regarding an elderly woman driver. Luckily for me it was in a 20mph area and the chap behind me was in braking distance. She pulled out of a side turning to my left to turn right across my line of travel. I managed to stop 12 inches from her driver's door; she gave me a look of disdain, no apology and continued on her way. %$%*%$

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pulling out from the left and into your path does seem to be a common accurance -- you certainly have be aware and the guy who hit me pulled out turning right and hit my nearside rear and to prove the point his car was damaged on the nearside front -- like I've said before no one was hurt which can only be good -- it's just a bummer that your pride and joy ends up in the body shop through no fault of your own

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been in for eleven days had to wait for new alloy arriving but should be ok to collect car tomorrow but not sure it will be

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
It's missing you lots. :wink:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got mokka back from body shop and can't tell it's been in a accident a brilliant repair job -- gave it a good clean this morning and when road dirt washed off the mokka looks better than new 10/10 body shop 😇

1 - 17 of 17 Posts