Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone crawled around under one to get a min ground clearance? Can't find that dimension in the manual. I see a few people have mentioned front bumper. What about that box thing (tech speak)under the rear drivers side door?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Don't take these as gospel as they are slightly out on the official Vauxhall spec sheet.

And we all know 6 inches can mean anything.

http://www.autoevolution.com/engine/opel-mokka-2013-14-turbo.html

DIMENSIONS
<dl style="font: 14pxormal ormal ormal GestaCondensedRegular, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-trans: none;" title="dimensions"><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">LENGTH</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">168.4 in OR 4277 mm</dd><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">WIDTH</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">69.8 in OR 1773 mm</dd><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">HEIGHT</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">64.8 in OR 1646 mm</dd><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">FRONT/REAR TRACK</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">60.6/60.6 in OR 1,539/1,539 mm</dd><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">WHEELBASE</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">100.6 in OR 2555 mm</dd><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">GROUND CLEARANCE</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">6.2 in OR 157 mm</dd><dt style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; width: 225px; line-height: 28px; clear: left; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; text-trans: uppercase;">CARGO VOLUME</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 475px; line-height: 28px; font-size: 15px;">18.8 cuFT OR 532 L</dd></dl>

Edited by: Flat Eric

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Yeah, some of those figures dont match up, but gives an idea. Wont be booking any off-road event days any time soon though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What I do know is the ground clearance is not enough for the idiots at Evans Halshaw. The front bumper lower lip on mine was totally savaged bysomeone atHalshaw before I collected it. Looks like a transporter on/off issue based on the severity of the damage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about that. They fixed it though no? I'll be making sure I have a good look round whenwefinally pick ours up.

Is that lower lip a separate part from the main bumper?

·
Registered
246 Posts
RunninaMokk said:
Sorry to hear about that. They fixed it though no? I'll be making sure I have a good look round whenwefinally pick ours up.

Is that lower lip a separate part from the main bumper?
Yes the lip is attached to the bumper. I did not notice the damage until after driving it home. Due to poor health at time of purchase I was unable to do my usual thorough inspection of the vehicle before parting with my hard earned cash.
I havenoticed so many cosmetic damageissues with the car since collection I have distanced myself from Evans Halshaw. I can live without the added hassle ofone of theirsloppy employeestrying to make good what another of their sloppy employees has caused, and in the process causing more damage.
Life is way tooshort. I'll just let everyone on this forum know to 'buy and beware' when buying from this lot.
I'll get round to repairing the damage myself, at some cost no doubt, but at least I'll know it has been done properly.

Edit. I was parked in a car park in Wishaw yesterday and I noticed a Misty Lake coloured auto diesel parked quite nearby. The front bumper lower lip on this vehicle was actually a bit different from mine in that it was slimmer! It did also have the same damage to the bottom of the silver bumper grill that mine has. Peter Vardy number plate.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean. I've been plagued by my fair share of 12 year old 'technicians' with freshly sharpened screwdrivers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ground clearance at the front is pretty poor - I've posted some pics up somewhere of it dragging along the ground. There's also some metalwork protruding underneath, about amidships. I'm not sure what its for but it may be to ptotect the fuel tank. It seems to work too as I grounded it whilst traversing a particulary large speed bump. I was doing 10-15mph so if you come across a big one, I suggest slowing to walking pace.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I crawled around underneath Monty today with a tape measure.
The ground clearance I found to be approx 185mm at the lowest point underneath the engine. It's higher than that around other areas.
That was with no one sitting inside but I thought that wasn't too bad.
In my opinion the front overhang is a bit long and could do with raising up a little, the rear is ok because of the shorter overhang. Edited by: celicarob

·
Registered
11 Posts
When i was out today, i was looking at a 64 plate mokka and i saw to me look like a metal frame underneath (drivers rear passenger side) what is it? Has people damaged it as it looks low? Has the face lift models got it as i cant see it on pictures?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Our 64 plate has the 'protection frame' under the drivers side rear seat - it's obviously protecting something fragile (like fuel tank) but don't know for certain

·
Registered
11 Posts
DiscoSteve said:
Our 64 plate has the 'protection frame' under the drivers side rear seat - it's obviously protecting something fragile (like fuel tank) but don't know for certain
Does it scrape alot on humps etc? or does it not bottom out at all?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Never had mine bottom out and this part of London is 'pothole and speed bump (speed cliff) central.

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
, I assume the problem might ariseif members lower the suspension!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
nigelbrooks said:
Never had mine bottom out and this part of London is 'pothole and speed bump (speed cliff) central.

Never had my bottom out either, specially round the Blue Oyster club...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Bandit said:
nigelbrooks said:

Never had my bottom out either, specially round the Blue Oyster club...
Especially with this weather

·
Super Moderator
9,680 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts