Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been asked by my friends to become a godparent to their little rug rat which of course accepted. I now realise despite the honour what this actually involves. The ceremony apparently is taking place in a Methodist church due to one of the other godparents being Muslim. I have been reliably informed that a being godfather does not involve putting a head of a horse in anyone's bed. Anybody got any experience?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lol I am a godfather and I am sure you will be fine. My goddaughter is now 18 so no issues so far. You make a commitment to raise the child in the event of something happening to the parents and to assist in teaching the faith to them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi DCB

I am a god parent to 4 children at the moment (though one of them is now in his thirties), the principle is you are there to help raise the child within the faith of the church although the reality normaly comes down to buying good birthday and Christmas presents. Truth be told I was honoured to be asked in all cases and enjoy every minute of it especially as the 3 young ones are a similar age to my youngest son who loves seeing them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Gerbil said:
the principle is you are there to help raise the child within the faith of the church
I think the principal is flawed... me and the boss are about to become godparents and we're both athiests so will be doing precisely nothing to do with faith.

·
Registered
78 Posts
LS, I am afraid that means you have to double up on presents to compensate and if Blum's comment is right prepare to lose the Mokka for "6" weeks (and that's in addition to time for fixing AFL's)

·
Registered
90 Posts
LS Substitute faith then for good upbringing and an understanding of kindness, love and respect for others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts