Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having observed the GM Vauxhall Loyalty in various threads within this Forum, I just wondered how many members bought their Mokka because it has a Vauxhall badge?

·
Registered
341 Posts
We did not buy the car for the badge .we got the car because it suited our needs and the wife liked it .
When we change may be next September looking at a MGZ or duster

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
GM Vauxhall Loyalty -- I've driven Vauxhall's for most of my driving years and starting with a 1951 Velox straight Six and Cavalier company cars over the years plus I've lost count of the Vectra's and a selection of Astra GSI's and Vxr's then followed by the Mokka 1.4t -- so I consider myself a long standing VAUXHALL nut -- like others when the mokka dies I will not be replacing it with another "Vauxhall" because they don't make them anymore which is sad but that's the way it is -- P.S.A can take a running jump with their "Fake Vauxhall's" and I don't think any sane punter will see the PSA fake Vauxhall's as anything other than that -- stick a Vauxhall badge on a Pug and pretend it's a Vauxhall is crazy -- rant over 😀

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Got to say that this thread could open a can of worms ☺
Looks like the lids coming loose already:smile:

We bought our Mokka despite the badge, original choice was a QQ but a test drive put paid to that idea, then test drove several others smallish Suv,s and not impressed, then tried the Mokka, best of the bunch for our needs and a real Auto gearbox, it won hands down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought Mokka to replace a Yeti as had more trust in dealer from previous experience. May go for Crossland X for next car, after comments on here, because Vauxhhall interior on top spec car has the height adjustable sports type seats that we like and the Vauxhall dash seems like Mokka X and better than Peugeot.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We got the Mokka as i already have access to parts lists and a local parts dealer i trust to work out what i need. Also i have a diagnostic system i was using with the Vectra (which in fact only gives limited info Opcom). So as she said she loved the Mokka's it did make sense as any other make id be starting from scratch and not know the best places to get GM parts from.
The faults forced me to get MDI so i could sort it all out myself which i have now done.

Its a nice car but not as well built as the Vectra C

·
Registered
688 Posts
Bought Mokka to replace a Yeti as had more trust in dealer from previous experience. May go for Crossland X for next car, after comments on here, because Vauxhhall interior on top spec car has the height adjustable sports type seats that we like and the Vauxhall dash seems like Mokka X and better than Peugeot.
Crossland X, does indeed have very comfortable Opel seats, interior, and more room, it has a Mokka X type Dash, with quite a few more informative add on's in the driver display between speedo and rev counter ,than Mokka X better, Sat Nav with free updates for 5 years and it is far from looking like a Peugeot as some suggest, and all the panels are stamped GM, !!!! I have had mine 0ver 12 months now with no problems
unlike some, who slag them off,, i love it :smile:

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It all started when my wife at the beginning of this decade observed an Agila in a supermarket car park. We visited a Vauxhall Dealership and placed her order against my advice. Three years later we once again visited the dealership to re-order when she spotted the Mokka and fell in love. The rest is history and nothing to do with the badge because had she taken my advice she would still be a Volvo driver like me. :wink: But I must admit she has no regrets.

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But soon to be PSA, I think. :devil:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ha ha :wink:

·
Registered
351 Posts
not sure what il be driving when the time comes to change my mokka as have had a lot of vauxhalls over the last few years, have drove the grandland and liked it, but also tempted to go back to an isuzu,
only time will tell

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Based solely on the delay of introducing the new Mokka models and originally stating early 2020 now updated to maybe 2021, our almost a decade of Vauxhall ownership is about to end. o_O
Memo to PSA, there are other manufacturers available!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yes the delay of the new mokka will I'm sure complicate matters for current mokka owners who want to their motor -- PSA are closing some Vauxhall dealerships due to poor sales with the reluctance of punters to purchase Pisa's offerings -- plenty of choice out there so test drive, test drive, test drive and suddenly your dreams will be answered

·
Registered
688 Posts
I wouldn't say there is a reluctance, to buy their products, looking at the overall
published, rising sales figures and if you go on the "site link" and add up the 2019
figures they are even better, i see a lot of Crossland X and Grandland X, and i think
the new Mokka will sell the same

Opel/Vauxhall
Crossland X

Opel/Vauxhall
Grandland X

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Hi DSM, talking about sales figures for the Grandland X being on the up -- my question would be where are they hiding them all because in my neck of the woods I never see any at all

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi , Bro Leo, Well i can't answer that one, but i can say, i see plenty of each about,
around the Greater Manchester/ Cheshire Border and other area's and see
people parked up in either, at the school's near me picking the kids up,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts