Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealers last Friday and the guy told me that the Korean Factory could churn out 80K Mokka's a year.

They have orders for 120K and one factory to make them in so no wonder they are looking at extra locations for production.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bandage_Boy said:
I was at the dealers last Friday and the guy told me that the Korean Factory could churn out 80K Mokka's a year.

They have orders for 120K and one factory to make them in so no wonder they are looking at extra locations for production.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how some people get their jobs let alone keep them.

The powers that be at Vauxhall clearly had no Plan B to fall back on when demand outstripped availability. I swear if I didn't like the damn car so much based on the ones I've seen in the flesh (rarer than rocking horse
) I'd tell them where to stick their Mokka!

Unbelievably bad service!

·
Registered
58 Posts
And they still can not deliver the Mokka's that are in this country already, They have no real idea when they will clear the back log of cars.
No mention of this when you order.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I presumethe waitwill only get worse because the Chevrolet Trax will be built in the same factory and these are available to order now. Not sure when delivery of them starts though

·
Registered
374 Posts
This must be good news for residual value.

·
Registered
163 Posts
it woul dbe good if they can keep demand pegged at aroud 2/3rds of capacity :) should mean good investment in the modelby GM

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chappo said:
it woul dbe good if they can keep demand pegged at aroud 2/3rds of capacity :) should mean good investment in the model by GM
You are right Chappo, but remember we are the little people and only want one car, if what I was told back before Christmas is true that GM wanted to keep the residual value of the car high then it's a master stroke to have people queuing round the block. If you can't buy a cheap 2nd hand Mokka in 18 months then I'm sure we will all be happy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Tweev said:
Mine has been at the port since 7 feb and still not delivered to showroom.
Is the port in Britain, or has your dealer been hoping you won't question that it's still in Korea?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I thought it was ironic that they were closing down or drastically reducing plants in Germany and the like but then had not enough capacity to produce these cars in their cheap as chips Korea plant. Remember the Buick version is being built there as well and Australia were rumoured to be having one of the models made for them.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Tweev said:
Mine has been at the port since 7 feb and still not delivered to showroom.

This seems absolutely unbelievable to me. What are they saying about this given it is now nearly a MONTH since the car supposedly arrived in this country?

I hope they are offering some serious compensation because believe me if I don't have my car by the 3 May 2013, the dealers will wish I had NEVER walked into their showroom!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts