Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone else a mug and took this out like myself? The feeling of writing off my car in first 3 years and losing a huge amount seemed horrific. So I took it out. Anyone else think this is a dealer money maker or worth having? 400 quid!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,i wouldnt normally take out this insurance,i paid £290 @£4.83 per month over my 5 year finance term.But after a friends son took his mumsnew car out + smashed it,wasnt a write off,but a lot of damage.It got me thinking that i am spending a lot of money,so for £4.83 a month i at least have peace of mind if the worst happens!!!!.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Look in the Club Discounts section on the forum, then under gap insurance. You should get it for about £115 for three years.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dealer will reduce to £299 if he thinks you are waivering, you should be able to cancel this under cool off period if you wish, squeeze the dealer or take a look at the Gap insurance in the discount section which most seem to be thinking about

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pick it up in a week. Do t want to rock the boat too much as I had 8% off and free reversing camera. Or is this standard? Don't want them to say ok cancel it and we charge for freebies I had. Ha ha.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cancel it and use ALA with either the forum discount code (5%) or go through Top Cashback / Quidco to get 11.11% cashback. Don't use both though as it cancels out cashback... it's an either / or situation.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also feel a bit comfortable taking it out with Vauxhall. I know it's more money but its a little bit more peace of mind. Anyone claimed with ALA? I here they have decent review but not heard much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would say its not to late tocancelthe gap insurance and it should have no effect on the price you are paying for the car and the freebies your getting.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Isn't the whole premise of GAP insurance that they never pay out? Don't they only cover a complete write off and your regular insurance company will do all it can to avoid this.
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and insurance companies are loss making enterprises.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts