Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've figured out how to work the fuel consumption computer,(yes I'm an oldy) todays journey of 50 miles averaged 55mpg. 40 miles of this was on an A road with the cruise control set at 60mph when possible. The rest of the miles were made up off urban driving with the eco on. First car i've had with S/S. Takes two or three S/S to get used to the engine stopping at traffic light. Must say I'm pretty happy with this compaired to my old vectra.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Trip computers are known to be optimistic.

Best to fill up note the mileage done. Fill up again and work out the mpg from the fuel needed to fill up.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Why are we still obsessed with mpg when we sell our fuel in litres - mpl?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MPG for me, cause, as I said before I'm an oldy and was brought up on gallons. I still work out how much it is per gallon. £6.31 in my area if anybodys interested.

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol im a relative youngun n still talk mpg, makes more sense than the l/100km which is the metric equivalent that is standard

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm glad somebody started this thread.

Not sure yet what my wife is doing with her new 1.7 SE cdti Mokka, but we're averaging (trip computer) 61 mpg based on 23 miles to work each way. We had a 10 plate 2.0 diesel astra before and on similar runs she was averaging circa 44.

She claims the Mokka requires a different driving style and certainly this new 'Driving Miss Daisy" style seems to be working.

The odd time I grab the keys, I think GM have definately tuned this new baby for economy rather than performance.

I drive an Insignia ST 2.0 cdti and bizzarely I find that motorway driving at mid 70s is actually more fuel efficient than 60 mph.

With the Mokka at similar speeds, according to the trip computer anyway, the car certainly uses more fuel.

·
Registered
584 Posts
1.7tdi 2240 miles 45.2 (based on total mileage and total fuel)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my Mokka for just over a month now. Fuel consumption is great. It averages 50 around Lancaster's roads and on a run to Preston, it managed a fantastic 71.5 mpg and that was on a A road dipping in and out of 4th & 5th gear.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Its always best to check mpg over a longer period of data using mileage and volume of fuel rather than relying on the car computer

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had mine for 3 weeks and averaging 56 according to car computer but about 46 based on fuel and mileage. Hoping this will improve over time but still better than 36 I was getting from my astra twintop (petrol)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maybe the high reading mpg on the DIC compensate for the start stop, that's the mpg you would have got if you didn't have SS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only had ours two days... but I just love the fact that in 5th with cruise control at 40mph it runs at 600 revs, my old civic ticked over at 1100 revs!! This has gotta be good news on the mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts