Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get one of these with £500 free fuel during promo weekend in November?
Just a word of caution to check out the feesin case you were unaware. You have to pay £7.99 to stop the card once it has run out. If you don't use it for 12 months or more they will charge you £1.50 a month if it stays dormant, and looking at your balance on an ATM costs 75p.

Small fry I know when you're getting £500 worth of goodies, but just thought I'd make you aware if you weren't already!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Cheers LiggyB, good heads up. I expected some small print.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Why do you have to pay to stop the thing? How are they going to claim that £1.50 from you if you've chopped it up somewhere?

·
Registered
767 Posts
DietCokeBloke said:
Why do you have to pay to stop the thing? How are they going to claim that £1.50 from you if you've chopped it up somewhere?
I do hate underhand passive payment schemes where you don't have to do anything actively to trigger payments. How often do you see "There is no need to do anything at the end of the contractwe will automatically take another years subscription" etc.

I too would like to know how they chase you for payment if you haven't registered any bank details with them. Big Brother is watching.

·
Registered
315 Posts
LiggyB said:
Anyone get one of these with £500 free fuel during promo weekend in November?
Just a word of caution to check out the feesin case you were unaware. You have to pay £7.99 to stop the card once it has run out. If you don't use it for 12 months or more they will charge you £1.50 a month if it stays dormant, and looking at your balance on an ATM costs 75p.

Small fry I know when you're getting £500 worth of goodies, but just thought I'd make you aware if you weren't already!

In the grandschemeof things its not too bad. I would easily spank £500 worth of fuel in a year, if you manage itOKyoushouldn'thave to check the balance. At the end of it all if you have to pay the price of a few pints to gain £500 of fuel, I'd be happy with that deal.

Nothing's free these days, there is always a catch.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My daughter just got handed a cheque for 500 quid. Suited her better than a fuel card as it came in handy for Xmas period. Not sure if only Evans Halshaw were doing this.
Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was told by dealer today that the card can be used to pay for anything Its a credit card, Not just for fuel. Happy shopping

·
Registered
817 Posts
wecko said:
Was told by dealer today that the card can be used to pay for anything Its a credit card, Not just for fuel. Happy shopping
Evans Halshaw told me the same, it can used anywhere not just on fuel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe I will use my £500 to buy a space saver wheel

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ixasio said:
wecko said:
Evans Halshaw told me the same, it can used anywhere not just on fuel.
My Dealer Bristol Street Motors told me the same back in November .

·
Registered
124 Posts
I pick my car up tomorrow but was told have to wait 5 to 6 weeks for card, you would think they would have enough time to sort it out so it's there when you pick your car up. I did order car in November last year.

·
Registered
505 Posts
whats the name of the company on the card you all have.

i went to use mine last night and it got declined. i activated it over a week ago.

·
Registered
817 Posts
So it isnt the card Vauxhall are advertising to join on their website?

You get points when you send!

Im still waiting for mine

·
Registered
713 Posts
Can you keep track of your spending online or do you have to keep a running total yourself?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd like to know how they can charge £1.50 a month if its not used after 12 months?As they don't have my bank details, how would they expect to claim it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts