Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

front camera

20K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  DSM 
#1 ·
i have my se mokka for almost a month now and im enjoying it. just finished my manual reading as to what are the features the car has the only thing i couldn't work out is the traffic sign assist, forward collision and lane departure warning all that has something to do with the front camera. my dealer says i have this feature my question is this the picture below is this what they call front camera. i saw some thread they call it forward camera dunno what is the difference i am confused.com

See less See more
#7 ·
MrMayo said:
I haven't got the front facing camera option, but do have that behind my mirror.
They may fit a standard housing but you only get thehigh-resolution camera for the Front Camera System fittedin it when you order it. Does the high beam assist sensor/camera go in the same housing as it needs to be up front so it can dip your lights when it senses a car in front? It is standard fit on the Exclusiv & SE.

#11 ·
Flat Eric said:
Hold your hand in front of it & if an alarm sounds & a voice goes "Pull up - Pull up - Pull up" then you know it's the collision alert. If the headlights dip then who knows. It may just be AFL playing up again.

LOL i think there is a specific speed to be able to sense that feature. i just need the traffic sign assist. and yes i have ask the dealer he said i have that feature because i have a front camera it seems they dont know what's what in the car's they are selling

#12 ·
I think you're wallet would know if you bought it as an extra

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--="" ui--"="" for="-_family-29" id="lb--_family-29">Front camera system</label> £750
<ul><li ="mds-vc-sel-cfg-ctr="" mds-vc-sel-toggle-ctr="" ui-state-highlight"="">

Only available in conjunction with Adaptive Forward Lighting
<ul ="property"=""><li ="mds-vc-sel-cfg-ctr="" ui-state-="" d"="">

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-1" for="-_family-29-1">Driver information centre (Board computer incl. check control) </label>
<li ="mds-vc-sel-cfg-ctr="" ui-state-="" d"="">

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-2" for="-_family-29-2">Forward collision alert </label>

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-3" for="-_family-29-3">Lane departure warning </label>

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-4" for="-_family-29-4">Remote colour monitor </label>

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-5" for="-_family-29-5">Traffic sign recognition </label>[/list]
[/list]

Edited by: Wilf

#13 ·
the problem is the dealer didn't gave me any detailed specifications about my purchase they just told me the engine and some features which they said it was fully loaded, but with what lol. maybe you didnt know that i purchased this from display so i got this on december 23 is as is. it says on the till that it has extras like forward camera,spare tire, metallic paint and the basic SE model specs winter packs,leather seats, afl, etc.. and i remember the sales person said they are conduction a know how about the car on 2013 which i assumed they dont know the features of the mokka that time
. i might ask them for a detailed specification next time i visit. maybe they dont know that the forward camera is optional.

#14 ·
Dealer should have known all models and specs by December, its his job,

........but saying that I went into a Ford dealership before the Mokka came about and they really couldn't be bothered to even talk to me!!

#17 ·
About three years ago I went into our local BMW agent with thecertain intention of ordering a Z4. As it happened I was dressed in some rough old clothing as I had been doing some DIY and had just nipped out to the dealership. I spent a few minutes looking at the showroom car before a salesman approached and asked if he could be of assistance. He got me a cup of coffee and spent a conciderable time telling me about the features on the car and offered a test drive there and then. He was not aware that I was going to order and I did look as though I did not have two pennies to rub together but treated me as if I was toff.I did order the car and enjoyed driving it untill my old bones would not bend far enough to let me get in and out. So no all dealers are poor on customer service. Dealership was Lloyds of Colne in Lancashire.

#18 ·
That photo of the camera is for HBA as my car has the forward camera and it looks different to that (u can only see it from outside the car through the glass) also you will be able to tell because where the ECO buton is on the left of it is a button with a lane departure picture to turn it off or on (inbetween the front park sensor button and the eco button) if you scroll through the menu on ur dash behind steering wheel (with the menu button on left stalk) u can see the options for forward camera assist and activate it etc..

#20 ·
Wilf said:
<ul><li ="mds-vc-sel-cfg-ctr="" mds-vc-sel-toggle-ctr="" ui-state-highlight"=""><ul ="property"=""><li ="mds-vc-sel-cfg-ctr="" ui-state-="" d"="">

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-2" for="-_family-29-2">Forward collision alert </label>

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-3" for="-_family-29-3">Lane departure warning </label>

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-4" for="-_family-29-4">Remote colour monitor </label>

<label ="ui-="" ui--="" ui--state--"="" id="lb--_family-29-5" for="-_family-29-5">Traffic sign recognition </label>[/list]
[/list]

Idon'tunderstand why you need a front facing camera? All of the above are things a driver should do without thinking. Is it for all these people that drive round looking at thier phone rather than the road so they need a camera to let them know they are about to crash or they have to stop at the stop sign?

EDIT: Thought I should add, thisisn'ta dig at anyone who has one, other than a nice to have is there really a good reason to have one?

Edited by: Niner

#21 ·
I'm sure someone said the exact same thing about ABS when it first came out.

It it enhances safety then I think its a good thing. After all we are only Human and mistakes happen. Whether lack of concentration or fatigue.

#23 ·
I suppose itmighthelp some.

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/articles/brits-bamboozled-confused-by-road-signs

I stilldon'tagree with it but that is my opinion. If you're not alert enough to read the road ahead and recognise road signs for yourself then you should eithernotdrive or take a break from behind the wheel. The camera cant be an excuse to mincebehindthe wheel and let it do the important bit of your driving.

I think that too many people rely on these tings too much and pay lip service to driving basics.

#24 ·
I'm with Ixasio on this one. I'll take every safety feature that's available/I can afford (I didn't order the Forward Camera).

The main cause of accidents it's human's anything that helps, gives a warning or spots something the driver hasn't is good.

#25 ·
I'm guessing Niner isn't going to be the first down the shops to get a car that drives itself when they eventually appear.

I am interested to see how it performs. When driving on unfamiliar road I find too much time is spent concentrating on other things than the actual pure driving.
As an aside in Nottingham we have tons of the average speed cameras. While on 40mph roads its not too bad but on 30 and 20 mph zones I've always felt that I'm checking my speedo a lot more and concentrating less on the road ahead, behind or for potential hazards.

#26 ·
my front collision alert has saved my bacon already.
coming off a slip road the car in front indicated, i glanced in my wing mirror to check traffic and the silly idiot decided to brake for no apparent reason, enough for my alarm to go off and for me to brake that little bit earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.