Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As alovely sunny day today I gave my new Mokkaits firstgood clean and once over. I cannot believe the amount of scratching and gouges out of thefront bumper lower lip. This was only drawn to my attention when the sun started to shine on the front of the car. Those eejits at Evans Halshaw have done it again. It has obviously been caused during transportation on and off a transport vehicle, or when in the workshop during PDI (if it actually had a PDI, but that is another story)
It certainly was not me as I have only driven about 200 miles, and only on main roads. Our other car is a Fiat 500, itsits much lower to the ground and its front lip is unmarked.
So word of warning when collecting your new cars . Give it a thorough check over.
The scratches and gauges run the full length of the lipso goodness knows what they have done to it!!
The silver coloured trim in the lower of the bumper also has a large gouge out of the paintwork just above where it is attached to the lip, only really noticeble when looking for it.

As I have stated in other threads this is undoubtedly the worst car buying experience ever.
Every time I have a good look at the car I find something to annoy me.

I can be a bit of a pedant and do find quite minor flaws a bit of an iritation. However, on this occasionthere is no doubt that the flaws and damage this car has suffered indicates that ithasnot been looked after prior to its delivery to me. Evans Halshaw should be ashamed.
I actually got a call from the dealer, as I had made a complaint to someone from the 'Service Plan'department, when I politely asked her to stop calling me to sell me something that I had clearly stated at point of sale that I was not interested in. She asked me why I was not interested so I told her my tale of woe about the state of my new car and that I would never be using Evans Halshaw again.She passed this information on to Evans Halshaw dealership. What a waste of time the call from the dealer was.

Anyway. Enough moaning from me. Looks like I have been very unlucky. Well for everyone else's sakeI do hope so!

Edit. Just had another look at the silver trim with the gouge out of it. The paint damage is exactly in the middle of the bottom of it and the damage is the exact shape ofa diamond. Seems very strange for it to be exactly in the middle and have such a uniform shape of missing paint.
Anyone else noticed this?

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
633 Posts
wellfan said:
I actually got a call from the dealer, as I had made a complaint to someone from the 'Extended Warranty' department
Why would you need extended warranty with lifetime 100,000 mile warranty, it was new when you bought it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
wellfan said:
The paint damage is exactly in the middle of the bottom of it and the damage is the exact shape ofa diamond. Seems very strange for it to be exactly in the middle and have such a uniform shape of missing paint.Anyone else noticed this?
Could this be where the vehicle was shackled during shipping ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys ,, i just f**ked up with the snow storm and my car won't turn and it goas ahead into a curb and my front bumper lower lip is totally damaged.<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="186"><colgroup><col width="186"><t><tr height="20">
<td style="width: 140pt; height: 15pt;" height="20" width="186"> *LINK REMOVED*
</td>
</tr></t></table>

Edited by: Love Stallion

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blum said:
wellfan said:
I actually got a call from the dealer, as I had made a complaint to someone from the 'Extended Warranty' department
Why would you need extended warranty with lifetime 100,000 mile warranty, it was new when you bought it?
You are right, my brain is not working today. It was the 'Service Plan' department. Telephoned me four times in 24 hour period. I eventaully got fed up and politely asked them to stop calling me.
The Mokka was bought new two weeks ago.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theforestdweller said:
wellfan said:
The paint damage is exactly in the middle of the bottom of it and the damage is the exact shape ofa diamond. Seems very strange for it to be exactly in the middle and have such a uniform shape of missing paint.Anyone else noticed this?
Could this be where the vehicle was shackled during shipping ?
Distinct possibility. Would expect all cars to show this damage. Anyone else?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SupplAskolad said:
Hey guys ,, i just f**ked up with the snow storm and my car won't turn and it goas ahead into a curb and my front bumper lower lip is totally damaged.
Sorry to hear that. But where is it snowing? Lovely sunny day up here in Bonny Scotland.
I am going to get a price for a new lip for the bumper. I'll let you know what price I am quoted. I won't be wasting my time going back to Evans Halshaw, I'll get a price from another dealer, or online.

·
Registered
217 Posts
No damage to mine well fan. Just the light problem to sort with Evans Halshaw.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ah yes, Evans
Halshaw
- I remember them.

When I picked up my Qashqai 3 years ago it looked like the salesman had quickly given it a 'clean' with a damp chamois 5 minutes before I arrived. Supposed to have had 2 years free servicing but come the time when 1st service was due they denied any such offer having been made despite me having paperwork to prove! All my letters to dealership Principle totally ignored so went in, unannouncedto see him personally. He couldn't care less so ended up involving Customer Care dept. who stepped in and sorted it and wrapped the knuckles of this 'back street' dealership at the same time.

Vowed never toset foot inside their place again and, proud to say, I haven't. The mere mention of that name sets me off...... What a set of
cowboys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Strange , I was in looking at Evans halshaw and there was a blue mokka waiting to be picked up by its new owner. The guy said he would open the doors to let me have a nosy at black fabric. I said to him , I take it this was an ex demo then? No it's brand new waiting on its owner . I said well if this was mine id not be happy it's not very clean inside . His reply ? Oh thats the valeters fault!

·
Registered
66 Posts
When i eventually pick mine up i will going over it with a fine tooth comb.
God help them if i find anything !!!!!I WILL BE SINKING MY TEETH DEEP INTO SOMEBODY'S ASS!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
sharkman said:
God help them if i find anything !!!!!I WILL BE SINKING MY TEETH DEEP INTO SOMEBODY'S ASS!!

Hi sharkman What dealer in Bristol are you getting it from??

·
Registered
66 Posts
MALC said:
sharkman said:

Drive Vauxhall at Avon street,
HOW ABOUT YOU?

·
Registered
91 Posts
sharkman said:
MALC said:
sharkman said:

Drive Vauxhall at Avon street,
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Drive Patchway But at the moment I am not that happy with them as the last contact they made with me was early Dec telling me my car would be here in Feb but Tracker shows May so a bit annoyed that nobody has contacted me to tell me why as I now have to tax and mot my trade in.but they did have the nerve to ring me up and ask did I want to book it in for a service!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Malc
The information I am being given by my dealer matches with the tracker, not sure if they know whats going on , or they are using the tracker the same as me !! I am lucky to have a second car to carry on with, but there are quite a few people in the same boat as you!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Not quite in the same boat. My son was having my car and needs a car for work whereas I don't. I expected to be without a car for for a couple of weeks which is turning into a couple of months. For me at the moment it is either shankses pony or where is the time table. I will be so glad when my mokka arrives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi wellfan, sorry to hear about your damage. If it was East Kilbride you bought the car from, when looking around I noticed that they parked the new Mokkas up an embankment in reverse with the nose very close to the ground. Too close for comfort, could this explain the damage if this is where you got yours.

·
Registered
584 Posts
sounds like its necessary to hand the car back, have a demonstrator until its sorted. A good warning to us all to check the car carefully tomorrow, hope your sorted to your satsifaction

1 - 20 of 25 Posts