Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered free fuel weekend mid Nov was told Feb delivery Had phone call just before xmas and was told still on target for Feb so I asked for order No. so I could go on tracking website, dealer said I will get someone in admin to call you with it.Well needless to say 3 weeks later and nothing so I went to dealership today to get it they were very helpful gave me the No. and registered it for me but it doesnt even show stage 1 yet when I queried this he went into their system which shows mid April!!! delivery date and I am at stage 23 whatever that means! (I think the car is still a pile of sheet metal on a pallet somewhere) Told him I was not happy as mot and tax are out on my trade in end of Feb The reply dont worry date will probably move forward, am I reassured? NO!!! The tracker website states stage 1 wont show until you get a build date which is 9 to 10 weeks before delivery. Why the hell are they taking orders for cars they obviously cant supply.Anybody else order that weekend with better news.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ordered mine that weekend as well. Have a build date for the 1st Feb with delivery 5th April

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the tracking website give you that build date or the dealer because if it is the latter I wouldnt bank on it!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
That came from the tracking website. When first ordered dealer was talking February.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for info iIwill keep a keen eye on tracking site but seems I will have to tax and MOT current car. Think I will be looking for some sort of discount from dealer. It seems they have been poorly informed on delivery schedule

·
Registered
494 Posts
MALC, read my thread as you seem to be in the same boat as me

http://www.mokkaownersclub.co.uk/forum/update-on-adios-amigos_topic143.html

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just read it and it seems you have a great deal I will wait til I actually know the date and then go into battle!! It just annoys me that I had to find this out for myself when spending 20K plus i expect a bit of honesty from my dealer i dont think that is too much to expect.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the same dates as Big Mac but saw dealer today and he had checked up on my Mokka yesterday saying that it will be here 1st of April!! (APRIL FOOLS DAY) Im still only showing as estimated arrival week as ENDING 5th April.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ordered free fuel weekend (17 Nov) with an anticipated delivery early march.The tracking site is showing nothing so visited the dealership yesterday, he is now advising April 13 due to higher than expected demand.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Also ordered mine on the 'free fuel' weekend & after speaking with my dealership on Saturday, he has told me that the delivery will be 18th April. He also said that he will re-check on the 24th January to get a 'clearer picture'??? Should be able to get my insurance thru SAGA by the time this motor comes in
! I hope I have'nt got as long to wait for the £500 fuel/goods card! I've heard that we have to claim it after we collect the car. I think the dealership should have them ready when we collect - what do you all think?

·
Registered
240 Posts
MalcIt'll be interesting to see how long you have to wait when it gets here,seeing as you are based in the same town as where the boats dock!! From what I am reading around the forum we're not going to be disappointed when we get them. All our disappointments are (a) the length of time from oreder to receipt (b) 'Track My Vauxhall' site being a bit broken, (c) dealerships not very helpful/Know nothing/not keeping us informed (unless we chase).
It seems a lot of customers know a lot more than the dealers or a least know where to get more reliable answers. THANK GOD FOR THE 'MOKKA OWNERS CLUB' WEBSITE.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We ordered an Exclusive on free fuel weekend. We wanted a TechLine but the dealer didn't seem to want to sell us one - they are aimed at company car drivers. So they configured an Exclusive with the add-ons to bring it up to TechLine spec and gave us a bigger discount to bring it down to the same price. Only problem was it had to be built to order. They quoted 1st March delivery. I phoned them at the weekend for an update and they are now saying 22nd March. At least I've got the order number for the tracking system now. We've got a tick against Step 1 - "Your car was confirmed a build slot on 4 December 2012" but it looks like it hasn't been built yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If my delivery date gets put back any further I might as well have ordered a hearse - is my life long enough??? Still not even showing at Stage 1

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi david,Don't think much of your salesman! THE CUSTOMER IS KING & ALWAYS RIGHT! Its your money after all!
'Aimed at the company car driver' my foot! Its aimed at those who WANT it! & now, you've got a longer wait & I think, a smaller engine
! Lets hope they look after you a lot better when servicing etc.
That salesman needs a
! Good luck, fella.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same engine - 1.4 Turbo. The TechLine didn't have 0% finance and didn't have any wriggle room on discounts. I think they are quoting a lower list price (which is not negotiable) so that company car drivers aren't hit as hard. In reality you can get an identically configured Exclusive for the same price even though the list price is considerably higher. We were happy to wait because the early models all had the blue interior. By ordering we can have the black interior. BTW the salesman no longer works there - but we are happy with the deal and we are getting exactly what we wanted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
only problem is it's now looking like it's going to take a bit longer than anticipated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I too originally was going to go for the Techline but had the same sort of response from the dealership They said we have never sold a Techline model of any car.Anyway with discounts and 0% finance it worked out the same as I ordered Exclusive with extras.I also ordered black interior and was wondering if that is why I still have not got stage 1 ticked yet. Going to leave it to end of month then go back to dealers to find out if they know anything as the last contact with my salesperson he said still on for Feb but I am 100% sure that aint happening. As to living near docks I dont know if that will make a difference or not who can tell??

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
When I contacted my dealer at the end of last week. They said that they are updated by vauxhall every Thursday so try later this week rather than later this month Malc.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts