Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to get this on their Mokka? The dealer suggested it because they get the confirmation of insurance through fast from the brokers, allowing them to tax the car quickly. They're expecting my car tomorrow and I have to have it by Saturday at the latest.

I spent half an hour on hold, then a further half an hour being patronised by 'David' (I don't appreciate being called love and darling by someone I don't know) before being told that the underwriters didn't recognise the Mokka because it was new, and couldn't give me the free insurance! This is Swintons by the way.

They were however prepared to quote for an annual policy - a snip at £998 - when my cheapest online quote ranges from £400 upwards. When I said this, he put me on hold and came back saying they could give me a discount and could sent me a cheque for £420 which I could do what I liked with, and he actually said that I could 'buy some shoes or anything'!!!! Why they don't just offer competitive insurance is beyond me. Not impressed at all.

Complained to the dealer who apologised said they would feed my comments back, although they have no control over the insurance suppliers. I need to insure the car anyway so that's not an issue, it's the timing that's tight and the free 7 day cover would have been a helpful solution.

A frustrating day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I used the free insurance and did it all online. Hassle free. You just need the dealer code to input into the system. Just be aware the excesses are quite high.
I believe it is only five days. and not seven.
Edit. This was Vauxhall insurance. You may have been offered something else. Like Aviva.

Edited by: wellfan

·
Registered
339 Posts
I took up the option of free insurance offered by my dealer (name of insurance company escapes me right now) anyway, set up the 7 day policy really easily.
And I then sorted out my own insurance with Admiral and hot a eub 300 quote from them too; must say insurance wise not a problem for me.

Sorry to hear of your troubles tho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Wellfan, this wasn't the Vauxhall insurance, I believe it used to be AVIVA, now it's Swinton.
Kirby, I'm pleased your insurance was sorted ok. The dealer did say that they have used this lots of times before and for Mokka's.

I think if I arrange my own insurance online I'll get email notification which I can forward to the dealer, hopefully that will resolve the issue. I'm just waiting on them to confirm that they have received the car. Just an hour of my life I won't get back

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with wellfan, 5 days free insurance with Vauxhall t'was a doddle to set up once I had dealer code. Best of luck.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I set up the 5 days free Vauxhall insurance very quickly. Proved very usefull as I was away from home when I picked the car up and getting the change over from old to new car would have been awkward.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My car was delivered with the 7 days drive away insurance already active. It came with the most bogus cover note ever:
* False email address
* Held a full licence for 15 years (i've been driving for just over 3)
* 9 years NCD (3 years NCD. Plus does this mean i've claimed between years apparent 9 & 15?)
* No Points (3 points)
* Nature of business - Engineering (nature of business - Biotech)
* Lives at No. 32 (lives at No.25)
* Value of car £6000 (value of car £16,000 & change)

Rang them up to find out because of this i had been driving around for 24 hours 'not covered'. They also quoted me, fully comp with a £500 excess at £520. I told them that i was going through Tesco, fully comp with a £100 excess for £220. They offered me a £100 discount. I laughed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts