Vauxhall Mokka Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies I haven't read all the replies but I have a new Mokka, although i have not checked the carpet I have noticed (it may be a slim chance) but my car sits leaning back on the driveway for several days at a time. In that time it may have rained. when I open the drivers door almost every time there will be a significant amount of water come out of the front drain whole. I'm talking possibly half a mug full.

Any chance due to the way the car sits when parked that that water is then pouring in to the cabin eg the car is leaning to the left when parked. Possible where there is a steep camber on the road?

Alternatively look for a tear in the door seal.

Lay plastic on the floor (stop moture from the carpet) lay some material on the floor that could catch any drips from interior e.g wall paper face down, flannelette sheet, etc and monitor any water drips.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I thought they fixed this on the Mokka X, certainly on mine it never happens, it used to be an issue with the window seal not being tight to the window and water running out of the drain holes on the door bottom, it should just run out onto the outer sill, but still worth a thought, if a previous owner had used an excessive amount of anti rust wax and filled the drain holes the door could fill to the lowest hole, probably the door card retainer holes and into the car, worth giving the drain holes a poke.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Guess what folks took it to another Vauxhall dealer who fixed it they said the previous repair to the A/C was not done properly and the drainage tube was leaking ect.... we have just picked it up today I won't be letting this go mark my words Perry's of bury you have had it 3 times what a disgrace I've never been treated so poorly in my life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get on with this ? My 2019 1.4T elite had the dash out to fix the pedal down and now the drivers side footwell is like a swimming pool

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all love my 1.6 eco tech

But the footwell drivers side I've noticed is very very wet and it's not been raining any advice it's a 16 reg
i have a 18 plate mokka x 1600 petrol and my carpets get wet from door seals not letting water escape more so when parked up a slight hill i have to open all doors after i wash it or it rains i have ben back to vauxhall and still same i have to keep doors open to let water out at bottom of doors so it wont build up

·
Banned
38 Posts
i have a 18 plate mokka x 1600 petrol and my carpets get wet from door seals not letting water escape more so when parked up a slight hill i have to open all doors after i wash it or it rains i have ben back to vauxhall and still same i have to keep doors open to let water out at bottom of doors so it wont build up
I gave up half way through your first sentence. Why not use some punctuation and grammar? So many lazy text talk users, you will never get any help from us old farts!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Have you checked the drain holes .the ones at the bottom of the doors .

·
Registered
878 Posts
Retrostar if you can not give a decent answer.dont make a sarky comment.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Can any moderator do anything about this member.
Who is just being a pain

·
Registered
878 Posts
Look who is upset now .do you want to borrow the dummy

·
Registered
562 Posts
I gave up half way through your first sentence. Why not use some punctuation and grammar? So many lazy text talk users, you will never get any help from us old farts!
First sentence? There is only one sentence its just a line of text, i think your loosing it already :ROFLMAO:
Plus see below, youve both missed the most important mistake.

Have you checked the drain holes .the ones at the bottom of the doors .
Ok Swinton, you complain about Retroringpiece above but didn't you read the issue the person was complaining about?

Ill remind you, they said the door seals did not let water escape.
Now the aim of the door seals is not to let water past so in fact doing their job correctly. So why would you check the door holes are clear since the drain holes sit on the outside of the seal which has already been proven to work. The likelyhood of a 3 year old car getting blocked door drains is about as likely as most people on this forum posting with correct grammar and actually contributing rather than just posting when they have an issue. And unless the person is 12 they would have checked that already or at least told people they have checked them or not since I'm assuming someone with a Mokka has been driving for some years so isnt new to motor vehicles. If water was building up that high in the door apature it would be heavy and slosh about with quite some noise.

The solution or a way to find out is to remove the door card and have someone spray with a jet hose at the side of the door. When you see water coming through somewhere then they should lead you to the area of the leak, which from real life experience could even be from the door mirror housing seal.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ill remind you, they said the door seals did not let water escape.
Now the aim of the door seals is not to let water past so in fact doing their job correctly.
Not necessarily, often the door seals leak at the top corners, the water then follows the seal where it touches the door to the bottom, the bottom of the seal isn't leaking so the water runs over the seal and into the car, if the seal is undamaged and clean a regular dealership "fix" is a soldering iron with a long tip, at the bottom of the seal with the iron hot, press the side of the tip into the seal then slide it up and off, this makes a small indent between the door and seal that lets the water run back out, a certain amount of skill is needed or it can melt a hole in the seal.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not necessarily, often the door seals leak at the top corners, the water then follows the seal where it touches the door to the bottom, the bottom of the seal isn't leaking so the water runs over the seal and into the car, if the seal is undamaged and clean a regular dealership "fix" is a soldering iron with a long tip, at the bottom of the seal with the iron hot, press the side of the tip into the seal then slide it up and off, this makes a small indent between the door and seal that lets the water run back out, a certain amount of skill is needed or it can melt a hole in the seal.
Yup that’s a door alignment issue, which would be found by doing as I suggested. Although that would be easier to spot with someone just pouring water over the gap between the body and door with the person inside looking.
But to be fair we are going over just common sense things that you would do first to eliminate failure points.

Im not sure how the soldering iron would work at they don’t use thermoplastics ie any plastics are already formed and heat only damages them and doesn’t allow for any alteration. So if it did work they would have to lower the temp of the soldering iron. Looking at the Mokka door seal doesn’t look like there’s space to do that anyway as the seal sits well over the weld joint so compresses quite a bit. The gap would have to create a drain the goes quite far back towards the cabin.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
The soldering iron definitely works, done it loads of times, fully up to temp, push it quite hard into the seal, and slide it off, if you pull it off it will rip a lump out of the seal, and if you leave it on too long it will burn a hole, done right it will leave an indent that pretty well looks like it was formed with the seal, back in the 60s most mini's had wet footwells, the fix at the BMC dealer I worked for was to knock a 4" nail through all four corners of the footwell:whistle:

·
Super Moderator
BR 3 car pacer. 10 litre turbo diesel
3,495 Posts
Whatever works 👍

41 - 58 of 58 Posts